Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Wish Me Luck

moonwolf_gw
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and give you all some good news: I am waiting to hear from DG about getting a job there! I had a quick assessment interview (about 5-10 minutes) last Friday and my application and assessment test (both online) are all filled out (both were done the week before-app on Monday, assessment test Friday night).

Most of my plants are doing okay. I'm glad spring has finally arrived. Lots of outdoor gardening to be done, too! Hope everyone's doing well!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (10)

• Denise
    9 years ago

Hey Brad. What's DG? I hope you get it, whatever it is!

Denise in Omaha

• teisa
    9 years ago

Well Congratulations! I'm happy to hear that! Let us know know more about where your going to work!!

• greedygh0st
    9 years ago

Are you talking about the other forum? That's the only acronym that comes to my mind.

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry everyone for the confusion lol. DG= Dollar General. My best friend told me today (although he wasn't supposed to), that I didn't get hired :/. Here's hoping that something better comes along. I feel disappointed and down, for sure. I got all nervous for nothing lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• Denise
    9 years ago

Something will, Brad. In fact, it probably didn't pan out 'cuz there's something bigger and better around the corner.

Denise in Omaha

• greedygh0st
    9 years ago

I agree with Denise. Keep your chin up. Everyone's career path is long, winding, and full of unexpected detours.

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Denise and GG! :-).

It's been a long day here. Dad's up at the hospital for overnight observation. They're not sure what's going on, but he seems okay. His kidneys are a little "depressed" as the ER doctor told us, and he's a little dehydrated (but his electrolytes came back fine). He has a stress test tomorrow morning. He's supposed to get out tomorrow afternoon I think. It could also be side effects from some of the medicines he takes (allergy, blood pressure). We don't know for sure, though.

Most people have been saying that getting those rejections when you're first starting out are disheartening and that couldn't be any more true. It's hard to smile in the face of adversity. I've been doing it for almost 10 years.

Someone on the Cooking forum said I have a good friend to tell me the news. He is my best friend in the entire world (GG, remember I told you about Shaun? That's whom I'm speaking of). These past 7 years, he's been a bright spot in my life for sure. He's like my own brother. He was also born with the most outrageously wild sense of humor lol. You know what they say: laughter is the best medicine.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

This post was edited by moonwolf on Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 20:34

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dad came home yesterday evening. He has a pinched nerve in his back. He's on medicine for it, and is back to work today. Tomorrow's an annual festival downtown that I go to each year with mum, and today she and I put up my new arbor that arrived the other day. It's cast iron, about 7 ft. tall and 4 feet wide. Now, just to decide what kind of flowering vine to grow on it lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    9 years ago

I'm so glad to hear he's alright. And of course I remember Shaun. I hope you guys are still writing. :)

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, GG :-).

We haven't written anything down (well, I'm not sure what all he has, I know we've made major changes to the characters-some got written out, Shaun's main character's name has been changed, and so on. I have the first book started, and nearing the end of chapter 1. I'd have more written if it wasn't for writer's block lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz