Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharing my bloomers

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 22:01

I have been bringing these plants out to enjoy morning sun and back into the shadehouse for keep during the past several months. I don't know if that practice has resulted in them giving off several peduncles of bloom at once.
Here're the photos to share with you guys.

The first photo is a jungle NOID. Thanks for looking.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharing my bloomers

Xuan
How nice to have some of your hoyas so full with flowers.

Cindy

o

Wow - whatever your doing - your doing it right! Beautiful plants!

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 3, 10 at 9:03

Just beautiful!!

Dee

o

Hi Haxuang, what do you call hoya in vietnammese? I bought two from ebay and have them shiped to her, and I m trying to described the type of plant to her but she still doesn't know what Im talking about. I know if I could get the vietnamese name right she will know. thnx

o

Gorgeous, Xuan! Is the 2nd one 'Red Buttons'? Mine is going to bloom for the first time this year (I'm pretty sure...) and if that's what it looks like, I'm very excited!!

Denise in Omaha

o

Just gorgeous Xuan! The morning sun must have helped to get them blooming...both are just beautiful!

o

Hong: I suppose you came from Vietnam. Actually hoya is still very novice here and people call it by many names: some refer to it as "L hương xa", some as "Lan sao". But recently the VN term "Cẩm C" seems to have been accepted by the growers community. You can ask your friend to contact me, if she lives in Saigon/Hochiminh City, if she wants to know more about Cẩm C.

Denise: That beats me! I don't know whether my plant is Pink Silver or Red Button. Need to wait to compare with yours when yours opens :-)

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Xuan

o

Xuan, gorgeous blooms, so msny blooms!
I think the second might be pubicalyx "Jungle Garden" or bright one but looks more like jungle garden.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jansword/3811220396/in/photostream#preview

o

Hi Xuan, Thank you for the imfo, I will tell my mom the name. My mom and I are not live in Saigon, Vietnam. We are currently living in California. It is very cool to know you, I m glad have a chance to hang out in this forum.

o

Jan,

Yes, I meant 'Bright One', not 'Red Buttons'. I get those two mixed up all the time. 'Red Buttons' is actually setting buds now, and 'Bright One' has it's first peduncle.

Can I ask where you got 'Jungle Garden'? I hadn't heard of that one, but it does look very much like 'Bright One'. Do the flowers differ?

Denise in Omaha

o

Wow Xuan your Hoyas have an amazing number of flowers, beautiful! It must smell fantastic in your garden at night while they bloom.

Mike

o

I think I got it from guy in FL(don't remember his name). Some one else said it was H. sp. ban ngong ngoy
My data base crashed so my record is kinda gone.
I think bright one has bigger flowers than jungle garden.

o

Mike: you're right, these plants do smell very sweet in the evening.

Hong: you're very welcome. I'm very happy to find another Vietnamese on this forum. We also have a VNese member, Sue Tran. You will see her posting once in a while.

Xuan

o

WOW!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here