Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whom I Named My KQ After

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 7, 10 at 22:30

Hi everyone,

A while back, I posted a thread about naming hoyas and other houseplants. I just wanted to share with you whom I named my KQ plant after, for your entertainment. Anyway, here she is, the sneaky sea witch Ursula! Enjoy! BTW, The Little Mermaid National Tour is this fall! If it comes around here, I'm making plans to go see it.

Why am I posting this? Well, due to space issues, Ursula and Ariel (my polyneura) with other cuttings will be going to a new home. So this is kinda a salute to them.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Here is a link that might be useful: Ursula's Namesake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whom I Named My KQ After

Brad have you ever seen the flower pots that are heads with an opening in the top for a plant? You should see if there are any that would be a match for those characters.
I know a little bit weird but I like them anyways and a small hanging Hoya would look just like some crazy hair.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Head flower pots

o

Mike thanks for that link. I just love the screaming baby head.

Cindy

o
Little mermaid Hoyas

I love the Frida Kahlo head and some of the wall pocket heads. If I do end up getting one I will have to post a photo of it complete with Hoya.

Mike

o

Those are fabulous! Much along the line of the vintage head vases I used to see at auctions!

I love Etsy!
Kelly

o

I've always liked interesting pots, too, and these are certainly unique! I have an unglazed Medusa head pot I got from CBFM a few years ago, and what looks really neat in it is a Drunkard's Dream Hatiora. Mine is empty right now, waiting for the perfect plant to put in it for our C&S show this summer, but I've put a link to a photo from CBFM's site.

Denise in Omaha

Here is a link that might be useful: Medusa head pot

o

Those pots are neat! I saw one over on Christina's site and she has bella growing in hers.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here