Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My forest NOIDs blooming up high

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 12, 11 at 22:38

Maybe they still remember the habit of growing in the jungles... LOL.

Thanks for viewing.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My forest NOIDs blooming up high

Wonderful photos Xuan. The fourth photo is my favorite because it shows so well how Hoyas bloom in nature.

Mike

o

I first looked at this post last night when I was trying to fall asleep and it nearly made me jump straight up in the bed. Those are such neat photographs! I am spellbound!

Would you be willing to take a picture from a distance so we could see the path the Hoyas took to climb up there?

o

Wow...those are really nice Xuan...beautiful pictures! Very cool!

o

Those are excellent pictures Xuan. I'd love to live someplace where it never freezes so I could let my hoyas grow naturally out in the trees!!

david

o

Greedyghost: this is the best I can do to give you some ideas of how my plants climb.

I planted in them in pots and hung the pots under a tree in the garden. The vines started climbing up from the pots.

... onto the tree

... and outward on a branch. You can see a few peduncles there.

Enjoy.

Xuan

o

How wonderful! I'd so rather have hoyas taking over my trees than the poison ivy and poison oak we have around here!

Great pictures!

o

Thanks, Xuan! I really enjoyed seeing the whole ascension! I was trying to figure out whether your Hoyas had climbed right off your deck into low-hanging branches. :P

I wish I lived somewhere I could let the Hoyas loose in the trees, too! But for now I'll just have to live vicariously through you.

o

You're very welcome, Greedyghost.

I have other hoyas climbing up onto the pergola on my deck/patio, too. They're carnosa, Kerrii green, and Meliflua. When they bloom I will take photos to show off.

Thanks for you interest in my plants.

Xuan (s-w-a-n)

o

lol! I knew it! I can't wait to see, Xuan. ^_^ I just love your photographs on so many different levels.

(I had a Viet friend pronounce your name for me, otherwise I'd never have gotten it right x_x)

o

Greedyghosh: no problem :-)

Many American friends mis-pronounced my name at first; they took the "X" as "H" in Spanish while actually it is like the "X" in X-ray in English! :-)

Xuan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here