Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya problems

Posted by swampguy54 8b (My Page) on
Wed, May 12, 10 at 0:04

I am new to hoyas and lost several this year because of the cold. I know what I did wrong with those but I have two more that I need help.
I have a hindu rope hoya that bloomed well last year even though it looked like crap. It gets sun (hard sun)for about three to four hrs a day. It is looking stretched and yellowish. There is spacing between leaves. I don't water often maybe once a week unless it is raining regular.
The other is a hoya waxy leaves that are turning yellow and just doesn't have a healthy look. It gets filtered sun and same type of watering routine. There seems to be some wrinkling of the leaves, also.

any ideas for me? Any questions? Thanks, Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya problems

Yellow leaves are usually either too bright light or a problem with the roots. What is the potting mix like when you water, is it still moist or is it totally dry? Most Hoyas don't like to dry out completely but some can handle it. It is important to have an open but moisture retentive potting mix so that the roots still get air but without drying too fast.
If there is wrinkling of the leaves it means that the root system is in trouble so you may want to take cuttings and start over.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here