Photos

cyclonenat
13 years ago

Here are some photos of my hoyas

hopefully its not too many

Comments (14)

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Thanks for sharing pictures of your Nice hoyas...may I ask what that hoya is with all the "silver flecks" spots (roundish leaves) on the leaves? 4th picture from the top(blue pot)...it has a couple of reddish new growths...looks similar to obovata but yet different? It's a pretty one.

• cyclonenat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi i have no idea what it is yet they dont know on here yet either its too small ill try find out

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Your Hoyas all look nice and healthy and I am sure you will do well with them over the winter.
    Pug I think that those silver flecks are really hard water or perhaps fungicide or insecticide stains on the leaves. That plant looks like Hoya australis subsp tenuipes to me.

Mike

• cyclonenat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hi i was wondering if $14 US was a good price for the variegated one. i have just bought a small longifolia and a rhipsalis with scented flowers and a chain of hearts.

• cyclonenat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I ordered a rooted hoya serpens and multiflora cutting but they got damaged in the post the person is gonna grow another one of each for me just for the cost of postage which i thought was very nice.

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

It's hard to find Hoyas in shops so sometimes you have to spend a bit more for them. I think $14 is not bad if the plant is rooted and healthy.
    You will love Hoya multiflora because it's always in bloom once you find a good spot for it. Do remember that this one does not like to dry out like some other Hoyas.

Mike

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Mike, lol...you have good eyes :o)...now that you mention it, it does look like stains. Thanks!

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Wow! You aren't fooling around with your trellising, are you? It looks like you are well prepared for them to grow and flourish. I am so stingy in comparison! x_x!

• cyclonenat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lol just had them lying around from the tomatoes
    isnt it easier to train the young growth?

i wish it was easier to bring plants into New Zealand.
    I have just got a baby longifolia and have a baby bella it doesnt like me very much. and the baby multiflora i got was supposed to have roots but it didnt same person sent me a baby serpens that was rooted but got badly damaged in the post so she is growing new ones for me just for postage cost.

• pepeuve
    12 years ago

Nice photos. I can see a good stalk on the last picture. This year you will see the flower. Congratulations

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

/cyclonenat It really depends on the Hoya. Some become difficult to train with age. Many others maintain much or all of their flexibility. It has been my experience that the Hoyas that are forgiving outnumber those that aren't. On the other hand, it's probably a good idea to avoid changing things up on them, as you are.

Sorry bella is being mean to you. In my experience, she pouts easily, but is as hard to kill as a weed, so hopefully it will be the same for you. I finally figured out 'Luis Bois,' I think! I am giving it the "Quinn Treatment" (coir chunks + MUCH waterings) and it has FINALLY started looking beautiful and growing properly.

• cyclonenat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

are any of the plants in to big pots?

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

No. 7 maybe... but it's hard to tell what has been cut out of the picture, so maybe not!

Your pot size instincts look like what I'd do.

• cyclonenat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

what is the hoya in pic 7