• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hoya "Exotica" or "Krimson Princess"

This post was edited by teengardener1888 on Wed, May 29, 13 at 10:26

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Teen,
    Your hoyas look nice! How long have you had them? Your second hoya is also known as H. carnosa 'Krimson Princess' (the one you are referring to as 'Exotica'), or if you're Exotic Angel, it's known as 'Rubra.' I think a number of people call it 'Krimson Princess' (at least from what I've seen).

Here's a picture of my 'Krimson Queen' a couple months after I got it.

{{gwi:948325}}

Here's a picture of it I took just now. My foot is in the picture for comparison. I think it's quadrupled in size since last year! It's a lighter green this year as it got a good bit of sun last year.

{{gwi:948328}}

Planto

This post was edited by plantomaniac08 on Wed, May 29, 13 at 8:35

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!! Has it ever flowered before for you. Mines probally wont flower for a few years but the gorgeous leaves alone are enough. Thanks for the nick name

• teisa
    10 years ago

Those are some really pretty Hoyas! All of them look really healthy! I'll post a pic of mine when I get back home. Currently in Orlando on vacation. Mine are kinda young, I can't wait till mine grows as much as Planto. I'm green with envy :) Thanks for sharing.

• teisa
    10 years ago

Those are some really pretty Hoyas! All of them look really healthy! I'll post a pic of mine when I get back home. Currently in Orlando on vacation. Mine are kinda young, I can't wait till mine grows as much as Planto. I'm green with envy :) Thanks for sharing.

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Teen,
    You're welcome. That's one good thing about having a Hoya, their foliage makes up for the lack of blooms (sometimes hehe). Unfortunately it hasn't bloomed for me yet. I don't even see any peduncles on it right now. :\ Maybe one day!

Teisa,
    Thanks! I'm usually the one jealous of someone else's plant lol. I am interested in seeing pictures of your hoyas. :)

Planto

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I tend to get envious of other peoples plants 2. That is why i strive to get my houseplant collection into good condition to showcase on gardenweb. Must collect a Hoya carnosa compacta 'Variegata'. I want one so bad!

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

teengardener1888, I cannot reply to your email because you haven't associated an email address with your account. Sorry! Unfortunately, tsangii is one that I already have.

I thought I should also mention that the name "tsangii" is commonly used incorrectly. The real tsangii looks like this: Hoya tsangii. But, the more common plant sp. DS-70 is commonly mislabeled as tsangii.

Of course, I don't know which one you have, but I thought I should mention it. :) Happy trading!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor