Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I found a HUGE Hindu Rope!!! What a find!

Posted by ashley_plant_addict Zone 8 (My Page) on
Fri, May 27, 11 at 10:38

Hi all!

I went to a local nursery yesterday to see what bouganvillieas they had to offer. Since I'd never been there before I decided to look around after I found a small boug. As I walked into their houseplant and tropicals section I saw this huge hindu rope in a hanging basket. I have never seen one this big in real life! haha! Only through photos online. WOW! This is an amazing plant!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just had to get it. I couldn't say no to that size and the price ($24.50) !!!!!!! :D

I have it about 3 or 4 feet away from an east facing window where it gets bright indirect morning sun for a few hours. I haven't watered it yet, I felt it this morning and its dry so I'll give it a drink.

Thanks for checking out my new plant!
Ashley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I found a HUGE Hindu Rope!!! What a find!

Ashley, what a beautiful specimen. This is one I haven't found yet. The stores in my area don't seem to have a wide selection of hoyas at this time of year. Most of their hanging baskets are ivy, ferns and spider plants. When I visited Home Depot earlier today, they actually had some carnosa (KP) in 4" pots but mislabeled as alternanthera. I believe they were Exotic Angel plants.

Congratulations on your find.
Beverly

o

These are turning up in Home Depot for $14.99 (Exotic Angel Plant)for the 14 inch basket and $9.99 for 9 inch. Also the 2 variegated ones are showing up.

Great find. Beautiful plant.

Susan

o

Looks like a well grown plant. Nice find, Ashley!

Denise in Omaha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here