Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpawl

Look at what I found

cpawl
12 years ago

This morning I found these buds finally open.

My cat chucky loves this pot. Not sure how she was able to get under that glass watering thing without it falling out.

Thanks for looking.

Cindy

Comments (11)

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Oh! Great picture with that one bloom not quite unfurled! It's amazing the way that orange pops against the green - this is my favorite color combination.

Your cat is amazing and too cute in that pot! Every once in a while my Zeno pulls off a feat like this, but I wouldn't say it's the norm for him. LOL

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Congratulations Cindy! Now try smelling them at different times to see what you think, citrus rind maybe? I was impressed with my plant because the flowers on the last peduncle just fell last week!

I like that photo of your cat. That pot must be a nice warm spot for a nap.

Mike

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Wow Cindy...that's SO pretty and I love the color...Congrats!

Adorable picture of your cat in that pot. Cats love to sleep in the oddest places don't they? I had a cat years ago that loved sleeping in an old shoebox!

• Denise
    12 years ago

Ok, I guess I'm the only one that doesn't recognize the species. Please don't keep those of us who don't know in suspense! It's very pretty... As is Chuncky! Looks like he (or she?) is golden, too?

Denise in Omaha

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Denise,Its H lasiantha and yes chucky is also orange.Three of my four cats seem to have some sort of orange color in their coat.
    Mike, I have checked a few times today for a scent and there is one but its very light.But I am not sure what it smells like.

Cindy

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

The scent from my plants blooms was very faint as well so it was hard to decide just what I was smelling. I still think that the best I can come up with is sour citrus rind.

Mike

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mike, I checked this morning and it was the strongest so far.And I would have to agree it has a sour type of smell but its quite nice.If I could get my daughter up to smell it she's good at describing fragrances. Whatever the fragrance is the color of the flower is why this one should be grown.

Cindy

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Those are just gorgeous! I LOVE orange flowers- these remind me of the color of orange sherbert, and I just love the fuzzy bits :) I'm adding H. lasiantha to my list right now. lol

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

They are so pretty. I love the color. Chucky is cute sleeping in the pot. She's the pretty little kitty named after a horror movie, right? Some cats can fit themselves anywhere and tiptoe lightly around all sorts of obstacles, like my kitty Iris. Others are forces to be reckoned with, who power through obstacles and don't mind knocking things over, like my kitty Selkie. :)

I'm still afraid to try lasiantha. But I enjoy looking at your pics!

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

quinnfyre, yes chucky is the one named after the horror movie.
    lasiantha is very easy to grow once you get it to root. I grow it like I do multiflora and it grows well.

Cindy

• cena60
    12 years ago

Awesome shots! How thin is the leaf of this plant? I'm not familiar and if the leaf in the picture belongs to this plant, I'll never successfully grow it. Thin leaved plants are beyond my skill.

Congrats to you!
    (I have three black and white cats, two provided by another hoya grower, Mentha!)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus