Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suetran1

My Rigida cuttings....

suetran1
13 years ago

My Rigida is getting bigger, so last 2 months I decided to root a few cuttings. I started to put sphagnum moss around the branches. The roots started to grow, not much, but each branch already produce 1,2 peduncles. I did not cut its down yet, so who want to be the new owner of these cuttings?

sue

Comments (35)

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Sue that is just gorgeous! I love the leaves and the colour of the blooms.

Mike

• suetran1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Mike, I just have a trade with a member in New Brunswick, Canada. I send barre roots plants and its arrive smoothly. If something that you interested, let me know.
    sue

• cpawl
    13 years ago

Sue
    If you are offering to send to Canada.My hand is up and waving.
    Let me know and I will give you my info.I will also pay for the shipping.

Cindy

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Sue, are they all spoken for? I am definitely interested!

• ladygreensleeves
    13 years ago

Sue I would be interested in a cutting if one is still available, can also pay shipping or work out a trade.

Regina

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Me too please, if any are still available.

Anything special I could try to swap you or get from NYC?

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Sue, what a beautiful plant and flowers!! Very cool way of rooting with sphagnum moss right on the plant.

• suetran1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Humm... I loved everybody and it is hard to choose; so to be fair, I have 2 solutions:

1- Priority for the person who want to trade it for hoya Patchyclada with red in center.

2- I will take all the name of the persons who response in this post, until Sat. 10pm, 5/15. After that, I will draw 3 names, (I had 3 cuttings in different lengths) who that I pick up first will get the best one and so on.
    What do you think?

sue

• golden_ca_2000
    13 years ago

If you could please add my name to the hat.... I would be more than glad to pay for shipping... thanks for the generous offer..

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

I will make things a little easier and withdraw my request. I realized after the fact that it is huge! As in, it can have huge leaves. I don't actually know if I have the space, and I have others to fit in already.

But it is definitely going on my list of hoyas to consider if I manage to clear up some room somehow!

• suetran1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh! com on Quinnfyre. Don't be chicken, this one have peduncle already, so you will enjoy the flower first, before it getting too big, in 2,3 years,.. My plant is 5 years old, I was like the rest of you, bought a lot of hoya, now what I have, A Jungle!!!...hehe, but my hoya's friends like it, because I share with them, right!!
    sue

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Well if you're going to put it that way... ha ha. Ok, I accept your challenge! If I'm lucky enough to get a cutting, I will find a way to squeeze it in somewhere.

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    13 years ago

I love the buds on that plant.

Jan

• tigerdawn
    13 years ago

Add my name please!

• wrynsmom
    13 years ago

Sue, I would love to be in your drawing for a cutting. :) That is such a beautiful plant!

Carolyn

• lori_40
    13 years ago

Hi Sue, I would also love a cutting, i must admit that Rigida is not a familiar name to me but i am fairly new to hoya collecting, I will look it up on google and hopefully you cn send one my way. I also will pay for shipping or make a trade. Thank you, Lori

• plumeriahilo
    13 years ago

i would love a cutting if there any left? thanks steven

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Sue there seem to be so much interest that I will pass and let someone else have a chance at a cutting. That and I just ordered a couple more Hoyas today.

Mike

• suetran1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got Pachyclada with red center.
    still have 2 good cuttings.
    Closing is sat. 5/15 at 10pm.
    sue

• lori_40
    13 years ago

the anticipation is building...don't forget to add my name, Lori

• cassidyk
    13 years ago

Beautiful Sue! Count me in for the drawing please...
    Cassidy

• patrick51
    13 years ago

Beautiful plant and blooms, Sue. This hoya is one of my very favorite hoyas....though it does grow very large, it has truly endeared itself to me. Forum members, please don't miss out on this opportunity...I have two of them and am in awe at their beauty. Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures, Sue. Fondly, Patrick

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Would still love a piece if possible, such pretty blooms.

Also to know pls. is there any special Hoya you've been looking for? Or anything else you might swap for?

(PG) Karen Sternberg

PS: Whether I win or not, thank you for doing this -- it's kind & generous of you to want to share the wealth of this beautiful plant.

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

Hi Sue,

Beautiful plant! Include my name as well! I wouldn't mind having a cutting or two! I really don't have anything to trade except flower seeds.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• suetran1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your kind words Karen.
    sue

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

Although I'm not participating, I think this is a very fun idea and very nice of you, Sue!! Whoever gets your cuttings will be lucky ,,, your plant is truly beautiful.

Jennifer

• suetran1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks you everybody. I will post the result tomorrow.
    Good night and good luck
    sue

• mayyan
    13 years ago

hi suetran1,

Your plant look lovely. I am wondering why did you use that method for rooting Hoya rigida? I am asking because this hoya rooted very easy for me. here are pictures I took today after 2 weeks in a high humidity container ( sorry for the low quality images, till I get a real camera I used my web cam)

Hoya rigida
    {{gwi:950042}}

closer look
    {{gwi:950044}}

On second thought, did you do it to avoid the way my cutting look?

• suetran1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Mayn
    The way you do is good too, but the root will dry out and the branch doesn't long enough to cut. What I did mine, even I don't cut, it still like a separate plant, length is minimum 6". I try to keep them moist all the time.
    I didn't cut my plant often,when it young, it will take 2,3 years to produce flower, sometime more.
    These cuttings are about 2 years old,that why its had flower already.
    sue

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Well everybody,

I'm pleased to report I have nice new growth on my H. rigida that Suetran was kind enough to share.

It's been 3 weeks & just in the last 3-4 days I saw several spots of new growth, including what is now about 1 inch of new stem -- yippee!

Camera's jammed at the moment, I'll try for pix as soon as I can.

Exciting to see this, thanks again Sue!

• wrynsmom
    13 years ago

Awesome, PG! Can't wait to see those pics!

Carolyn

• scsva
    11 years ago

Bringing up some old posts..

Who was lucky enough to get cuttings and how are they doing 2 years later?

Susan

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Well, I'm sorry to report I lost mine some time ago, bummer (maybe a year ago?).

• scsva
    11 years ago

Ouch! I recently got Rigida from CBFM so I was hoping for some care instructions.

Sorry you lost yours, that happens to us all (more times than I want to remember-LOL!

Susan

• suetran1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, thanks PG.
    My Rigida getting bigger and bigger..I have to cut off many times. I'm getting busy lately, but still reading everyone post.
    sue

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions