Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drastic measures, stupid mealies!!!!!

Posted by amber_m 5 (ambermcmyne@yahoo.com) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 12:55

so i took drastic measures yesterday... ive been fighting to keep mealybugs and scales off my new hoya plants and decided that where they must me hiding while im spraying them is under the leaves that were half burried in the soil, so i chopped off all the lowest leaves on my plants and also removed any leaves from my hoya compacta (hindu rope) that were too difficult to get the spray into. the spray im using is a water, rubbing alcohol and tiny bit of dish soap mix... hopefully now ill be able to rid my poor plants from pests... does anyone think i went too far? do you think my plants might hate me for doing that now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drastic measures, stupid mealies!!!!!

many of mine i treated for bugs looked sad for about a year esp my lacunosas some of my hoyas it didnt bother much and i lost a few from the treatments. I would stop where you are and see how they react before you do any more to treat. watch them for a week or so and just swab the bugs that you see with a q tip and some alcohol. you may be over treating them and hurting them worse off than the bugs. separate the infected plants from your healthy plants for sure!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here