Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leticiaplumeria

why cant i get a flower

leticiaplumeria
12 years ago

I have a krimsom quess. A pink silver. A hindu rope . Prob like 5 others had them. For 3 year i fertilize. Them do all the stuff but no flowers what's wrong

Comments (6)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Most hoyas need bright light to bloom...how much light does your hoyas get? Also some hoyas don't bloom for many years, so many different factors and the way people grow them that causes them not to bloom. I have many hoyas that haven't bloom for me yet either...for the hoyas you mention, give them a lot of bright light if possible(avoid direct sun if they've been indoors)or you might sunburn the leaves...don't over fertilize them either...maybe 1/2 of the recommended dosage once or twice a week, water them when "slightly" dry. Good luck!

Also you may not be doing anything wrong at all...sometimes hoyas just won't bloom "if" they're not ready or mature enough...just a thought!

• emerald1951
    12 years ago

{{gwi:84638}}

Hi, I know what you mean about no flowers...I have this very nice hoya rope, this is my first hoya and the one I like the best, but no flowers...and I have been feeding it with a bloom booster..........linda

• haxuan
    12 years ago

Linda, I really like your Hindu rope, it looks gorgeous! How long have you had it? Mine grows sooooooooo slowly :-(

Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

• pepeuve
    12 years ago

Hi everyone

/emerald1951/

Your Hindu rope needs more sun and if possible direct sun sunrise. The color of its leaves is clear evidence. If it were mine, prune a little because it is good for it. If you want to see a small cutting 13 months old with three emerging (new) peduncles can click link below. At this time receive daily 3 hours of direct sunlight sunrise.
    I hope my advice can help.
    Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: compacta de 8 a�os

• emerald1951
    12 years ago

Hi....I think that I have had this plant for about 4 years or so....I had one other a long time and then it got mealys really bad and I had to pitch it....I have never gotten a flower on any of my hoyas...I will try and add more sun light and see what happens.......
    thank you all......linda

• Denise
    12 years ago

My sister had a Hoya compacta for many, MANY years and it got HUGE, but it never flowered. Back when I started using VF-11 and gave her a sample to try, this was the plant she used it on and within a few months, she had peduncles forming and flowers soon followed. It blooms like crazy now. This is what sold her on VF-11, which she's been selling at her nursery ever since.

I got an EA compacta in '08. Last year, it got a bit dehydrated, so I restarted it. The potfull of new cuttings are already forming peduncles even though the main plant never had any. So I guess it's not always about age as much as it is about a "happy plant." Give them plenty of light (I mostly have mine in east windows, close to the windows, and they get more bright reflected light than direct sun...), fertilize regularly (as you all know, my favorite it VF-11, but I also use bloom booster or all-purpose fertilizers a few times a year), keep the leaves clean (I shoot mine with VF-11 water every time I take them down to water) and don't let them get too dry. Oh, and talk to them!

Denise in Omaha