Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Happy Birthday GG!

moonwolf_gw
11 years ago

Wishing you a very happy day and may you have lots of Hoya blossoms in the future! You're a wonderful addition to the forum and I thoroughly enjoy your posts and most of all, your friendship!

:-) Have a slice of cake for me!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (20)

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday GG...hope you enjoy your very special day. Now go buy yourself a couple of new hoyas as a birthday present to yourself :o)

Thanks for posting this Brad! I too really enjoy GG's posts! She adds so much to this forum.

Nancy

• mdahms1979
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday GG!
    I agree you add so much to our forum, hence my prodding emails whenever you disappear for a bit.
    Cake is delicious and all but I think a few well crafted beers is in order. Hey why not have both, tis your birthday after all.

Mike

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Aw. Thanks so much for remembering me, you guys. I am definitely one of those people who keeps a low profile on their birthday, but I just get so excited when friends remember me. I am very touched.

Mike, I've already had a lunch time beer thanks to my sister. :P I hope to add to my birthday excesses after work's over. LOL

• amber_m
    11 years ago

happy birthday!!!! hope you have a very good one! i always enjoy your posts! oh and a few craft beers sounds really good right now! how about inviting us all over for some, lol!
    speaking of craft beers, my husband just got his beer of the month delivery today (a present from me :P) so tonight we are going to be enjoying a few special craft beers from around the usa...

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Let us know what you will be sampling. You are among friends if you are a beer aficionado. I keep a beer blog, although I haven't updated it in an age and a half.

I was complaining to Mike about how the amazing brews of Canada are hard to come by out here in Omaha, but I do have one sitting on my shelf I was thinking of cracking tonight.

• Klea
    11 years ago

Happy birthday, greedyghost! Hope you've had a wonderful day so far!

• amber_m
    11 years ago

the sampler had 4 different brews in it, from two different breweries... there is the lost coast brewery in eureka cali. and sebago brewing company in gorham maine. the four different brews are... lost coast great white, lost coast alley cat which is an amber ale, sebago frye's leap ipa which obviously is an ipa, and sebago lake trout stout (which i am most excited to try)... ill let you guys know how they are... also we are big fans of dogfish head and magic hat and numerous other small labels that we find at our local wegmans grocery store (grocery chain here originated in rochester ny and they get awesome beer from around the country, the beer section is half the size of a small grocey store) or at our local specialty beer store... sorry gg to just have jacked your post, and to go off topic from hoyas to beer but there is nothing i like more than tending to my plants while drinking a good beer, or waiting till im done so i can sit in my sun room with my plants all hanging around and enjoy a few good beers...

• amber_m
    11 years ago

oh and gg, whats your beer blog? i would like to check it out even if it hasent been updated in a while

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I feel certain I've had a Lost Coast beer before, but I can't remember it now. I tried a couple Ommegang beers (from your neck of the woods) last night, the Witte and the Rare Vos, and I have to say the Witte really hit the spot for a sunny hot summer day.

• amber_m
    11 years ago

i know ive tried ommegang cause i can picture the name actually on a label, but i think it was a few years back, i do remember it was really good, but i think we only got one or two cause me made our own sampler pack at our wegmans store that has the huge beer section...

• patrick51
    11 years ago

G.G., wishing you the "best-est" birthday ever!! Thanks for all you mean to this forum!! Fondly, Patrick

• scsva
    11 years ago

Ditto everyone's good wishes! You are definitely essential to this forum!

Have a wonderful day!

Susan

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Aw thanks so much everyone. You are all too kind.

The blog is found at beerchan.wordpress.com

And would you believe it? I just discovered that there is now a San-x character called Beerchan. LMAO. I could have sworn I googled my blog name before and that didn't pop up.

{{gwi:950656}}
    "Beer Chan is a beer fairy... eating green soybeans faster is its specialty."

I love you, Japan!

• Aggie2
    11 years ago

Have a great B-day GG! Thanks for all your posts!
    Aggie

• amber_m
    11 years ago

haha the japanese are awesome!

• amber_m
    11 years ago

oh by the way, both beers from the lost coast brewery are fantastic... and ive only tried the stout from the other one but it was pretty damn good too...

• cpawl
    11 years ago

Happy birthday GG.I hope you have a good one.

• emt23
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday!

• golden_ca_2000
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday GG! Hope its a GREAT one!
    Always enjoy reading your informative posts.... your a valued member on the forum!
    Dont have too many beers now... they could make you feel - well older in the morning - lol
    Naaa have fun!

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Thanks again everyone. All your kind words did me good. :) Haha I didn't feel old this morning, but you gave me the giggles, Golden. I so know that feeling.

Glad the Lost Cost worked out well for you, Amber. I'll remember that brewery then. I had a very nice beer from Brasserie Dieu du Ciel that I think I might have to blog. When I have time...

Sponsored