Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

(end of) May Blooms

greedygh0st
10 years ago

I couldn't find the original May blooms thread if there was one. So here are some flowers in a new thread.

Hoya cystiantha

Hoya litoralis

Comments (12)

• vermonthoyas
    10 years ago

Outstanding bloom photos GG! Here is a photograph of my own to end out the month of May - H. javanica 'Milky Way'

• lme5573
    10 years ago

Hope you don't mind if I add on my hoya blooms. It hasn't bloomed in a long time, but it has more buds than I've ever seen. I must have done something right.

Lennie

(I lost the name of the hoya at some point. I usually post in the C&S forum. Please excuse my forum hopping. :-/ )

• Klea
    10 years ago

Beautiful flowers GG. I always find it difficult to photograph campanulate flowers, it's hard to really show the depth of the flower when taking close-ups, but you nailed it!

Doug; the 'Milky Way' looks so cool! It's like a flower shooting out from another flower. Kind of reminds me of a harpoon.

Lennie; Yes, it sure looks like you've done something right. That is a super cute H. bella. Thanks for sharing!

Here is my contribution to this thread:

H. lasiantha

H. cumingiana

• vermonthoyas
    10 years ago

Thank you Klea, and your bloom photos of cumingiana and lasiantha are awesome!

Doug

• mayyan
    10 years ago

Hoya incholonic
    {{gwi:950801}}

closer look
    {{gwi:950802}}

Hoya mindorensis
    {{gwi:950803}}

side view
    {{gwi:950804}}

Hoya wallichii (not sure if its prettier before or after it blooms)
    {{gwi:950805}}

from above
    {{gwi:950806}}

from bellow
    {{gwi:950807}}

closer look
    {{gwi:950808}}

hope I have not put to much ( let me know if I did)

• moonwolf_gw
    10 years ago

Congrats, everyone!

vermonthoyas, I'm glad to see you got javanica "Milky Way" to bloom. I can't wait until mine blooms. I do have to report that my bella is budding up and the one set just keeps getting larger. :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• vermonthoyas
    10 years ago

Outstanding blooms Mayyan! I've never heard of Hoya incholonic, but I really like it a lot.

Brad, I found that javanica 'Milky Way' just needs to get a little age and height on it to bloom, and it will do so under just regular old household conditions.

Doug

• teisa
    10 years ago

Wow!! Those are all Beautiful blooms!! GG I loved the H. Cystiantha!!!

Doug I've never seen the "Milky Way" but I have to tell you those are very pretty and unique blooms!!

Mayan, the H. Icholonic is my favorite color in hoyas!!! I love that salmon color!!

Thanks everyone for posting your blooms! I know I've enjoyed them!!
    Klea, your Lasiantha makes me really want one!! I know it's pretty difficult to grow. So I'm glad you post blooms of it. It is one of the first hoyas I fell in love with when I saw its bloom!!

Lennie, that is also a very pretty picture of Belles blooms. It is very elegant and clean looking. I love it!

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

No flowers but young hoya carnosas

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

Krimson queen above below hoya krimson princess

• Klea
    10 years ago

Mayyan: Wow! Those pictures are stunning! I really like the one with the wallichii buds! They look so big and puffy and marshmallowy! Your incholonic and mindorensis are beautiful too - the colors are gorgeous!

Teisa: Actually, I don't find H. lasiantha to be difficult at all. It just keeps pushing out more and more buds. Pictures really can't capture the beauty of these flowers. They are so soft and furry to touch, and the color is very vibrant.

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am so so happy everyone has contributed such gorgeous photos! We really have some great photographers in this forum. Thank you all for sharing!!!

You know, I was hoping one of my plants would surprise me with some fresh flowers for my birthday, but all I have going now are lasiantha, javanica, and paulshirleyii. I'm told my lunar birthday falls on June 13th, though, so maybe there will be some more open by then.

@ mayyan

I really enjoyed flipping back and forth between your wallichii photos and my cystiantha photos. I didn't realize the difference between these two was so dramatic. I guess it really is worth it to collect all the campanulate species if you can swing it. I wouldn't even really say my plant is white looking. It's more of a dark ivory and pink, but wallichii looks super snowy and very rounded. It's lovely! You could never post too many pictures (in my opinion), but I always worry the same thing LOL.

@ teisa

I think lasiantha just doesn't do well in transit. I agree with Klea that it's easy to grow once you have it. It's a bit fussy about getting the buds to come to fruition, but it puts them out so constantly I quit sweating it. You win some you lose some and the buds are super big and pretty either way.

Sponsored