Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pimenteliana/cagayanensis?

Posted by klyde 8 (My Page) on
Fri, May 6, 11 at 14:48

I wasn't going to buy any hoyas this year. Lot of reasons really: finances (my car died this am arrrghh), space, lack of knowledge, being Canadian (seriously not a plus if you're a hoyanista!) etc. I have however been thinking about pimenteliana/cagayanensis for several years now- whatever the plant is that has the sparkly leaves?

Does anyone have it? What is it like to grow? Tell me about those sparkly leaves. What is the best place for a Canadian to order it if I like what I hear? Maybe I can put this to rest after I hear some testimonials. I'm not a glutton for punishment if it's a tempermental little beast...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pimenteliana/cagayanensis?

I grow this one and it was temperamental until I learned that it just does not like to be dry. I grow my plant in mostly bark but there is enough soil in there to hold moisture as well. This is a good grower once you figure it out although I have not seen blooms from my plant yet.

I will root a cutting for you.

Mike

o

I second all sentiments above. I keep mine in a humidity dome with megalantha and engleriana and it rocks out. It's in coir chips now and seems to like that.

Haven't noticed any sparkles though. What's that all about? I see that that's how hoyor describes it, but I'll definitely have to take a closer look when I get home. >_> The leaves are distinctive, but shimmery?!

o

Shimmery is the word from what I've seen in pictures. Thanks, my words are escaping me today. (Mind you I wasn't at a loss for words this am when the car died, but I digress...)

Ahhh jeez Mike. I am going to graciously accept that offer. My day is looking up...

Thanks for the advice you two. :)

o

Hi Kelly, I grow cagayanensis and have found it super easy to for me.I grow it in coir which it seems to like.It has grown a lot since I got it last summer.It dose have a nice shimmer to the leaves.

Cindy

o

Aahhh good to know Cindy. It's all about the shimmer. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here