Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another 'Royal Flush' Sighting

Posted by monet_g 6a (My Page) on
Fri, May 13, 11 at 17:34

I, also, found an EA Lacunosa "Royal Flush" today at Lowe's here in Michigan. It appears from other posts by Denise and Odyssey, that EA is shipping a lot of them out, into many regions. If you're interested, keep a look out.

Surprisingly, the plant was in need of water. I watered it well, hung it up and was very, very pleasantly surprised to see a developing peduncle. It's grown to about 1/4 of an inch.

I wonder though, is there a point, the bloom growth gets to, where it won't blast?
TIA
Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another 'Royal Flush' Sighting

I, for one, am interested! I just wish I lived closer to Lowe's and HD. Gonna look really well over their plants next time I go ^_^ !

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Very good! I forgot to mention that I bought this hoya because of its beauty even though the tag just said tropical foliage. I did some research online and felt sure I had a Royal Flush. As I went to take the tag off, lo and behold, Royal Flush was printed on the reverse side! I had never seen an EA tag like that before.

o

Thanks for your post odyssey. I'm seeing other tags like that so just maybe the plant's name is on the back of others too.

Susan

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Sat, May 14, 11 at 17:21

Was just up in AL today and they Lowes up there had Royal Flush. Looks like there are popping up all over. I picked up a really big pot of nummerlaria (sp?) so was really excited about that.

Dee

o

Yay, Dee! I'd love to get one of those, too. "Nummularioides" - what a mouth full!
Maybe with the warmer weather EA is releasing more varieties to local sources.
Gail

o

I got a Royal Flush at Lowe's in my area back in March. I was so excited, too! It's doing well, putting on new growth, but no peduncles yet. The other lacunosa, however, has about 20 peduncles, and I got it about the same time as the RF. One looks like it's just about to open, so I'm anxiously watching and waiting! lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here