Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Multiflora

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 10 at 18:45

Hi everyone,

Here's a picture of my new multiflora sent to me by a nice member on here! It came from Logee's with a bonus suprise: flowers! I did notice a lemon like scent from them. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Multiflora

Congrats, Brad.

Xuan

o

It's beautiful, Brad!

o

The elusive scented multiflora flowers! I noticed a scent from my plant once and have decided it must be an intermittent scent or it needs the right conditions to be strong enough to be noticeable from a distance.
Congrats on the blooms Brad.

Oh Brad can you compare your plants flowers to the montage on Stemma Journal in the link. If we can figure out just what plants we have labeled as Hoya multiflora we will know just why some have a scent and others don't. Look for the extensions on the bottom of the corona and if they are like bnt in like a claw or bent outwards.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Stemma Journal multiflora montage

o

Thanks, everyone!

Mike, thanks for the link. The flowers on my plant most strongly resemble javanica. I read on hoyaor that javanica has a citrus like scent and that multiflora has a faint scent. I can only notice a scent if I stick my nose right up to the blooms.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I removed a flower to take a closer look at my plant again and it is definitely the aff. Cyrtoceras floribundum. I checked for a scent and there was a very weak one but it is nice, need to really get in close to smell it.

Mike

o

I have the same plant as mike and it dose have a very faint smell.Some times I think I must be imagining the smell and I find it only has fragrance during the warmer months.
Brad make sure you keep this one watered.

Cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here