Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Hoya # 3

Posted by Diana_Gale none (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 19:12

This one was ID'd as "Arnotiana" when sent to me by mail.

It has also never bloomed.

This post was edited by Diana_Gale on Thu, May 30, 13 at 20:40

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Hoya # 3

Could it posibly be another h. carnosa

o

The person who sent it to me, a 30+ year Hoya grower, said it was "Arnotiana"

Is that a Carnosa?

o

The stems are much thicker/harder than my other Carnosa plants.

o

that does not look like a carnosa to me... not sure what it could be

o

I've never seen this one before, it doesn't look like Carnosa to me.

If the source has been growing Hoyas for 30+ yrs. why not ask them about it or, or do you not believe them? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Have you tried a search for that Hoya name?

o

According to this website there is a Hoya arnottiana...(spelled with "2" t's) that might be why you're having issues finding the correct info? You can check the link out and see if it looks similar to yours...you may not be sure until it blooms and even then its not guaranteed :o)

Hope it blooms for you soon...

Here is a link that might be useful: Myhoyas.com ( Hoya arnottiana)

o

I have an arnottiana I got from Denise and an aff. arnottiana from Joni. Your plant does look like an arnottiana, to me.

In this thread are some photos of both of David's arnottianas in bloom. You can see the leaves better in his second photo - the one with the atypical greenish blossoms. I will repost that photo here:

dmichael619's H. arnottiana

o

I am no longer in contact with the person I got it from -- I just found a note on my computer that it was ID'd as "Arnottiana"

Let's hope it ever blooms. I think I've had it for 11 years.

:)
thanks!

o

This plant is putting on new leaves like crazy since I moved it out to the bright deck!

o

Update - some fat little thingies are growing straight upward that do not look like new leaves!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here