Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psyc1210

My Hoyas

psyc1210
12 years ago

I wanted to post a few pics of my Hoyas and see what you all think. I rearranged to fit them in the window today, which faces ESE.

First is 5 of them in the window together

Next is Hoya carnosa 'Krimson Queen'

Next is Hoya carnosa 'Krimson Princess'

Next is Hoya lacunosa 'Snow Caps'

Next is my new Hoya curtisii

And last is my new Hoya kentiana I just picked up today at Home Depot. I read that it is mislabeled many times as kentiana when it is really wayetti.

What do you all think??

Comments (15)

• Denise
    12 years ago

They look happy & healthy! They apparently like that ESE exposure. Have you gotten any blooms yet? If not, they all look blooming size, so it shouldn't be long!

Denise in Omaha

• psyc1210
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Not yet, they are all fairly "new". I got the carnosas about 5 months ago, and then the other 3 have been in the last couple weeks.

• odyssey3
    12 years ago

Wow! Beautiful! So healthy!!

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Looking good and I am sure your Hoyas will love it in that window.

Mike

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Wow...I love the way you have them hanging in different heights. Looks great! The do look like blooming sizes so I'm sure you will get blooms soon if you haven't already.

Just a friendly suggestion...maybe every two weeks or so you can turn the pot so the plant can get the light evenly from your window, might make them bloom on all sides too. Good luck!

• kellyknits
    12 years ago

Nice, full pots!

Kelly

• jakalfoshakal
    12 years ago

you made me miss my curtisii :( she is so full. beautiful

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

They ALL look lovely! Nice to have such a full curtsii - for sure!! Mine, well, it was from a cutting so - its healthy but really small... and of course LOVE your snow caps....
    I have a variety that looks exactly like your wayetti, but I bought mine from David liddle named angustifolia, looks exactly the same except mine isnt as green as yours - its been a nice reliable species always blooming its fool head off... and I have mine growing around a hoop which looks kinda cool... Anyways your plants look awesome... wish I could buy such big beautiful plants like you...

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

I like the way you have them hanging too - looks like a store display window. They're all very sweet. ^_^

• lightning96
    12 years ago

It's always fun to see pics of others' setups --- thanks for sharing!

• scsva
    12 years ago

Ditto everyone's comments, they're all very beautiful and healthy. I can't get over the shiny lacunosa. My snowcaps is hanging outside and looks rather dull. :) I'm thinking I need to bring that one back inside.

Thanks for sharing.

Susan

• psyc1210
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone! My husband came home and said "Oh my god, you have taken over ALL the windows". My orchids fill the other 3 ESE facing windows. I haven't touched the WNW facing windows though ;)

• kellyknits
    12 years ago

Did you point out to your husband his exaggerations???

Kelly

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Is the exaggeration that he clearly still has a WHOLE window to look out of (!!) or that his wife is still being incredibly well-behaved in comparison to us?

Please ma'am might I have some more window?
    Whaaaat? Mooooar?!
    /cue Oliver Twist song.

• psyc1210
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Haha, I usually just ignore it. He knows that I am going to get whatever plants I want to. I do have over 150 orchids,so that is the excessive part...I just started with hoyas ;)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville