Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who's my Daddy?

Posted by ladygreensleeves 10(Fla) (My Page) on
Fri, May 21, 10 at 21:41

I'm calling on all you fine folks once again to help me put a positive ID on one of my Hoya's. This one is now in bloom with umbels all on one vine. The nector that drips from the flowers is clear and I don't detect much of a scent if at all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who's my Daddy?

Nice Hoya, congrats on the blooms.
Your plant is either Hoya diversifolia or Hoya excavata. I think that Hoya excavata may have leaves that are more narrow towards their base in comparison to Hoya diversifolia but I am not positive that is a characteristic that can be used for identification.

Mike

o

Oh, good. I'm not crazy! My first thought was H. diversifolia, but I was afraid to speak up. Whew! I hope you do find out for sure, Regina.

Carolyn

o

Thanks Mike and Carolyn, I looked both up and diversifolia has my vote too. The buds are opening one at a time and if the nectar starts turning to a dark umber than thats what I have.

Regina

o

Regina, good growing!

o

My guess is Diversifolia also. Congrats on the pretty blooms. I have this one...but NO blooms yet...still waiting :o(

Enjoy!

o

Thanks Jan and Pug!

Well now I have two! So that means I have one up for trade....any one what to do some trading for this nice size well estashlished rooted H. diversifolia in a 4 in pot putting on new growth? HHMmmmmmm........

Photobucket

Send me an e-mail if interested.

Regina

o

Sent an e-mail. :)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here