Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovingmy4babies

ID Help?

lovingmy4babies
12 years ago

I got this yesterday, labeled as H. lacunosa, but the leaves do not even remotely resemble the thin, dark green leaves I have on my known lacunosa or the lacunosa 'Royal Flush'. These leaves are thicker and have silver speckles on them, with a reddish cast around the edges of the leaves that got more light, I'm assuming. Any ideas?

{{gwi:954331}}

Backside of the leaves:

{{gwi:954332}}

New growth, has sort of a reddish cast in normal light:

{{gwi:954333}}

Comments (3)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Hi K&C! I believe and this is only a guess is you have a Lacunosa 'poonsak' its very similar to lacunosa but the eaves are slightly different but its still part of the lacunosa family.

Here's one from "Apodagis" website:
    'Poonsak'

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacunosa 'poonsak'...Gardino's

• lovingmy4babies
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, pug! I think this could be a 'Poonsak'. I'm going to keep looking at pics. You're probably right, though :)

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Yep still just Hoya lacanosa it's just that this species has a fairly large range so there is quiet a bit of difference between plants from different locations. I even have a Hoya lacanosa 'Giant' which has rather large leaves vs the usual lacanosas you see. I think your plant might be Hoya lacanosa var. lacanosa because lacanosa 'Poonsak' is a very dainty variety with small narrow leaves.

Mike