Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Hindu Rope

Posted by tammypie 9 (tamsammut55@gmail.com) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 23:16

Here is my Hindu Rope "Mauna Loa". It has never bloomed for me. Hope it will soon.

photo 035_zps5505a8e0.jpg

photo 032_zps173cb14b.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Hindu Rope

Thank you Tammy! That is a very healthy Gorgeous looking H. Rope!! I am sure it will bloom soon! I lost mine over the winter and hope to replace it soon. I do grow the all green now but the "Mauna Loa" I lost because I neglected to give it all the Attention it needed. Thanks for sharing a picture!!!

-Teisa

o

It looks like it's trying to lose its variegation, but I see the new growth is variegated. That's kind of typical of the variegates with the cream color in the middle. It looks super-healthy - congrats on that! I have trouble with the compactas I grow. They are SO touchy... let them get a little too dry and they shrivel; water them a little too much and they drop leaves. For me, it's a hard plant to keep happy!

Denise in Omaha

o

Tammy,
It's so perfect, congrats, hope it blooms soon!
Mine green one looks ugly... Sun bleached and not so compact, but it blooms like crazy! I guess you can't have everything! Need to look for for variegated one and keep it inside away from Florida sun just for perfect shiny green leaves!

Aggie

o

@ Teisa, I just got this Hindu Rope sometime last year. I kept her in the same spot from day one. She had mealy bugs, which I tried to remove with alcohol and cotton swabs, toothpicks, etc. I don't see the mealies anymore but I'll have to inspect the leaves more closely...

@ Denise, I don't know the particulars on Hindu Ropes. I did have one variegated one many years ago and gave it to my SIL. It's gone now (probably died) but when I had it that sucker wouldn't grow AT ALL...

@ Aggie, I was thinking of putting her outdoors in the shade but some morning sun. I'm in So. California and the sun can get really intense in the summer months. Maybe I'll leave her where she's at.

Thank, everyone. Any advice on growing Hindu Ropes is much appreciated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here