Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New EA at Lowe's today!

Posted by tigerdawn 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 1, 11 at 23:31

I was visiting Lowe's this afternoon and found variegated compacta and this one:

Photobucket

One tag said lacunosa, one said kentiana, and this one had no tag. Google searching makes me think it is kentiana. I decided to pass on the variegated compacta for now but I'm sure I'll be back for it soon! I did get an Anthurium on clearance that is still healthy but the blooms are faded.

Oh, and the reason I haven't been around much lately is because this time of year has me preoccupied with my outside plants. All I have to do with the hoyas and other houseplants is put them outside when its nice and inside when it isn't. Once all the gardens calm down a little I'll get to look at all my hoyas and marvel at how well they do with benign neglect!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New EA at Lowe's today!

I definitely looks like a wayetti, aka kentiana to me, TD. It was one of the first EA plants I found way back when... I've started dozens of new ones off mine since then - I love it! It's a beauty. A little sun, and the edges become nearly black, which makes it stunning.

I've never seen EA's variegated compacta. I'd RUN back and get that one if I were you! Guess I'll have to go do a Lowe's run to see if anything new is available here!

Denise in Omaha

o

I also found one of those EA hoyas in the past year at Home Depot, and after searching this forum thought it was probably wayetti. Denise, when you say wayetti aka kentiana, just wondering if those are the same thing?

o

Hi,After hearing that lowes and home depot might have var compacta I went across the border this morning and found my self a compacta at home depot.Only about 6 DS-70 at lowes.
Thanks Tigerdawn.

Cindy

o

Cindy,

What is home depot? Is this a store? I always read these words but don't know its meaning.

Thanks

Mitzi

o

Home Depot is about the same as Lowes except they're orange instead of blue and they don't usually have as much garden stuff.

o

Hi Mitzico,Yes home depot/lowes is like a one stop shop for home and garden stuff.We have home depots in Canada but they do not sell EA plants or hoya plants so I drive across the border to get them.

Cindy

o

Congrats, TigerDawn!

That is one healthy looking plant! Hmm, variegated compacta? I definitely would go back and get that one! I wouldn't care if it bloomed or not, since the leaves would be pretty enough! Maybe I'll have to go to Lowe's soon too. I've been wanting to find a Royal Flush or Ruby Sue lacunosa.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

You know, one of the reasons I picked that one over the compacta is because it looked so much like wayettii. Ha! Now, do I pot my little wayettii with this one or keep it separate?

I will probably go back and get the compacta, I just want to make sure I have enough plant money this month to do all the gardening I want to do!!

o

For the past couple of weeks, I have seen kentiana, brevilata, DS-70, Krimson Queen and Krimson Princess, Chelsea, lacunosa, 2 varieties of the variegated compacta, one with white edging and one with the yellow in the middle w/green edging. I've also seen 3 different types of dischidia. Just today there were the gorgeous, well grown baskets of Dischidia Geri from EA. These were all seen at Lowes and/or Home Depot.

Susan

o

Hmph. Like I need more reasons to visit there... LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here