Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grmadarr

New blooms on old friend!!

grmadarr
12 years ago

Hello to all;

It's been quite a while since I have posted on the hoya forum and I have missed it!I lost my soulmate in Jan. and

just haven't gotten back to normal. BUT-- today I went into my PC room to water my very old(16 or 17 yrs.)hoya

that has not bloomed in more than 10 yrs. and there was a

beautiful bloom on it.I could not believe my eyes!

I think Bob must have sent me a message!

Anyway it's nice to be back enjoying the forum

Darr

Comments (16)

• Denise
    12 years ago

Hi Darr,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. But I think you're right - it's no coincidence that NOW your Hoya decided to bloom, after all these years! What an awsome way for him to send you his love or a "thumbs-up" or (as I always call those messages) a "howdy-do". I mean look - all in one fell swoop, he gave you a little excitement (at the discovery that you had a bloom), some wonderment (if you're like me, you spent a few minutes just taking in the beauty of the flowers), and I bet it put a big ol' smile on your face! It will be interesting to see how long the blooms last... it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they last extra long! Congrats!

Denise in Omaha

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

I'm Very Sorry for your loss...Thanks for sharing your lovely story of your Hoya blooming for the very first time in 10 years. I really like what Denise said and agree with her. How else can you explain such a lovely gesture that I'm sure put a smile on your face .

Enjoy your beautiful bloom and welcome back! Hope to see more of you here.

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

I too, am sorry for your loss. Just think of the bloom as a gift from your loved one. Enjoy the flowers.

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss :( . What a joy to see a bloom on your plant! I nicknamed my carnosa after my best friend who died suddenly before our high school senior year so I can relate. I very strongly agree with Denise. May the flowers bring you happiness :) .

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear that you have been separated from your soulmate. I hope that you continue to find ways to communicate with each other. Congratulations on the flowers from the afterlife.

Aw man, I knew I should have answered this post last weekend. Now I've gone and gotten all weepy at work.

• grmadarr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks to all of you for uplifting my spirits!!
    NOW.. I am going to try and post some pictures
    but don't hold your breath till you see them! LOL
    GOD bless all my forum friends Darr

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! ^_^

(I am following Pug's example and embedding your photo for others to see more easily)

• grmadarr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

greedyghost;
    NOW how did you get that picture? I am really lost here.
    Don't really know how I got them uploaded but would like to send some others.There must be an easier way lol Darr

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

I just added a little code to the link you provided us.

It looks like this:

img src="http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1165/13374373/23824371/397234482.jpg";

...except put on either end of that.

• grmadarr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

As you can see there is no picture!!And I wanted you to see my Angel Hoya. This time I tried Flickr but still no luck. I give up!! Anyway I still enjoy the forum Darr

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

I'm sorry. I know it's kind of putzy to share photos, but here it is. ^_^ It makes me happy to see your special plant.

When you are in Flickr, if you click on the picture, it will take you to a screen with just that picture on it.

You should see above the picture a bar that says "actions" with facebook and twitter icons. If you click on the arrow on the far right of this bar, it will pull down a menu that gives you options for sharing.

You want to click on the block of text that's just below "Grab HTML/BBCode"

Copy it and paste it here in the Message field.

• Denise
    12 years ago

Darr,

Computer code is pretty confusing, but sites like yours make it real easy. Just follow GG's instructions and your photos will appear here. It took me some time to figure it out, too. But back when I started here, those photo sites didn't make it easy like they do now - we had to add the code before the web address like she showed before. I had it typed in a Word document that I referred to every time I posted a photo. What a pain it was! Now it's just CLICK on the code...Ctrl "C"...CLICK where you want it...Ctrl "V". I've always known that "C" is for copy, but never could figure out what "V" was for, so I call it "Voila!" because it magically reappears!

Denise in Omaha

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

LMAO Denise. I like "V for Voila!"

I always wondered the same thing. Wiki says: Presumably these particular keystrokes were chosen because of their location on a standard QWERTY keyboard, since the Z (undo), X (cut), C (copy), and V (paste) keys are located together at the left end of the bottom row of the standard QWERTY keyboard.

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

WOW!! Thanks GG. We get lessons on how to post pictures and now computer lessons too. Where else could we get such great information but from our great 'hoya' friends.
    My mother always said that 'every day you learn something new'.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus
More Discussions