Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lapcheung9x3

share my experience of order Hoya cuttings from Paul Shirley

lapcheung9x3
12 years ago

Hello everyone, I come from Hong Kong. I would like to share my experience of order Hoya cuttings from Paul Shirley.

I ordered twice from his online shop last year. I ordered again this year. But his online shop didn��t work, so I sent the list to his email directly on 10/5. Then he sent the paypal invoice to me on 11/5. Once I received the invoice, I paid 74EUR immediately on 11/5. I forgot to notice him I would like to post by register mail. After I paid to him, I emailed my address and told him that I wanted to send by register post. He didn��t reply me then I thought he would send to me by register post.

I haven��t received it till 27/5, so I asked him when did he post it out and gave me the tracking number. He replied me on 29/5 and said """I am unable to give you a tracking number because you wanted it sent unregistered. You did not specify that you wanted them sent registered."""

I forwarded my email to him which I noticed him that I wanted to send by register mail.

My email to him:

I still haven't received yet. And I did notice you to send with the tracking number. You can see from the forward email......Or you can check my previous email.

If I still can't receive it in a few days, is there any method to sort it out? Thanks!!!

Please please reply, thanks!!

He replied

""The invoice you received was without tracking number, so you paid for postage without tracking number. Sending it with tracking number is a lot more expensive and you have not paid for that. If you had wanted me to send it registered, you should have said before I made the invoice. If you had ordered via the website, you would have seen all the postage options. There is nothing we can do now but wait for it to arrive.""

My email to him:

But if you see my request, why didn't you to tell me to pay for the register fee? I don't mind to pay more. It's better than I receive nothing right now. I ordered from you twice last year. I didn't request to post for the register at the first time. And i did request for the second time last year. Its' nearly 3 weeks now, is it not only my fault? I did really tell you to send by the register. I don't mind to pay the register postage fee again, would you mind resend to me? I think we both be responsible for that.

Thanks!

He replied:

Last year you ordered through the website so dou could chose how you wanted them send. You cannot blame me if you just send me a list by email which is a lot more work for me, so there is nothing I can do for you. Next time, please order via the webshop to avoid problems.

My email to him:

I tried the workshop before, but your online shop wasn't work. It was a lot convenience to me to buy from the online shop, don't need to copy and paste. Why i chose the difficult way to send you an email to buy? I didn't blame on you, i think we both should be responsible for that.

Then he ignored my emails.

It��s 14/6 now, and I still haven��t received it. Don��t you think it is only my fault? :( Actually, I ordered 15 times above through the website. This is the only time I can��t receive the parcel. I am so unhappy.

Comments (8)

• lapcheung9x3
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Don't know why it shows the funny words. Here we go.

Hello everyone, I come from Hong Kong. I would like to share my experience of order Hoya cuttings from Paul Shirley.
    I ordered twice from his online shop last year. I ordered again this year. But his online shop didn't work, so I sent the list to his email directly on 10/5. Then he sent the paypal invoice to me on 11/5. Once I received the invoice, I paid 74EUR immediately on 11/5. I forgot to notice him I would like to post by register mail. After I paid to him, I emailed my address and told him that I wanted to send by register post. He didn't reply me then I thought he would send to me by register post.
    I haven't received it till 27/5, so I asked him when did he post it out and gave me the tracking number. He replied me on 29/5 and said """I am unable to give you a tracking number because you wanted it sent unregistered. You did not specify that you wanted them sent registered."""
    I forwarded my email to him which I noticed him that I wanted to send by register mail.
    My email to him:
    I still haven't received yet. And I did notice you to send with the tracking number. You can see from the forward email......Or you can check my previous email.
    If I still can't receive it in a few days, is there any method to sort it out? Thanks!!!
    Please please reply, thanks!!

He replied
    ""The invoice you received was without tracking number, so you paid for postage without tracking number. Sending it with tracking number is a lot more expensive and you have not paid for that. If you had wanted me to send it registered, you should have said before I made the invoice. If you had ordered via the website, you would have seen all the postage options. There is nothing we can do now but wait for it to arrive.""

My email to him:
    But if you see my request, why didn't you to tell me to pay for the register fee? I don't mind to pay more. It's better than I receive nothing right now. I ordered from you twice last year. I didn't request to post for the register at the first time. And i did request for the second time last year. Its' nearly 3 weeks now, is it not only my fault? I did really tell you to send by the register. I don't mind to pay the register postage fee again, would you mind resend to me? I think we both be responsible for that.
    Thanks!

He replied:
    Last year you ordered through the website so dou could chose how you wanted them send. You cannot blame me if you just send me a list by email which is a lot more work for me, so there is nothing I can do for you. Next time, please order via the webshop to avoid problems.

My email to him:
    I tried the workshop before, but your online shop wasn't work. It was a lot convenience to me to buy from the online shop, don't need to copy and paste. Why i chose the difficult way to send you an email to buy? I didn't blame on you, i think we both should be responsible for that.

Then he ignored my emails.

It's 14/6 now, and I still haven't received it. Don't you think it is only my fault? :( Actually, I ordered 15 times above through the website. This is the only time I can't receive the parcel. I am so unhappy.

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Hi lapcheung,

I'm very sorry to hear about your painful experience. It sounds like some balls were dropped on both ends and the result is very depressing indeed.

I haven't had any personal experience with Paul Shirley, so I can't really comment on his standards or policies. I just wanted to let you know that I sympathize with how horrible it would be to have a package go missing, with no recourse. I suppose unforeseen loss is a card we all draw at one point or another, but it's hardest to take when you feel you might have been able to do something to prevent it. Best of luck going forward!

• lapcheung9x3
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sutthisak Sangkhakorn from Thailand "apodagis" didn't get Paul's hoya cuttings as well.
    Sutthisak Sangkhakorn: You are lucky to get replys from him. I traded Gesneriad seeds with his Hoyas twice. First time was good. But the second time I did not get Hoya. I sent him several e-mails to remind that I did not get Hoyas for the trade. I got no reply at all. I still don't get Hoya from him.

Actually, I opened the disputes & Claims to Paul through paypal, and he didn't reply to paypal. Is Paul Shirley Succulents a reliable seller? No one knows, just he knows.

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

Well I have bought from Paul shirley - and I had no problem.....

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

It all depends on why the cuttings never made it to you. If you did not get the proper permits and the package was confiscated it is not the sellers fault. Many countries allow small orders of cuttings without permits but larger orders are obvious and will often be inspected and confiscated and destroyed.
    I have ordered from Paul Shirley many times over the past five years or so and I have always received my package. There have been times when the package has taken quiet a long time to arrive but I have never lost a cutting because of it. I understand that it is frustrating that you are not receiving a response and I can only guess that it is an issue with the postal service or customs inspectors in your country. Hopefully you can get more information soon but I think all of us have had a disaster story at least once, sorry that you have had so much trouble with this order.

Mike

• lapcheung9x3
    Original Author
    12 years ago

After I sent the list to Paul Shirley Succulents, he assumed me that I sent with no register mail, and sent the invoice to me directly. After i paid, i noticed that i forgot to tell him to send by register, so I sent him an email immediately after i paid on 11/5. I asked him that when did he post to me on 16/5, then he said he would post to me on 17/5. This is the point, i told him that i would like to send by register and he didn't...... And he said this is not responsibility.

• lapcheung9x3
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I can get back my refund through paypal. So I have nothing lose from Paul right now. Thanks Paypal.

• Denise
    12 years ago

It's really the pits when an order goes lost or takes too long to get to you. There are lots of reliable sellers who have no problems 99% of the time, but there's that 1% that go awry due to misunderstandings or the P.O. or whatever. I guess the lesson here is to make sure if I order from Paul that I order through the website.

Denise in Omaha

Sponsored