Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bud drop

Posted by averil 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 4:15

Hi folks, I don't usually post here because sadly I only have one hoya and I could do with advice. I bought a hoya carnosa last year and its grown a treat. However I was excited to find a bud that grew a bit and sort of lingered quite a few weeks and then dropped off. It's been in a south facing window but now I've moved it to a north facing where it grew a lot last year. I would appreciate any clues on the bud drop
Kind regards
Averil UK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bud drop

Buds can drop for any number of reasons, from an unwelcome change in watering (surplus or drought), a change in light, or simply being touched or moved. For example, my carnosa was building up another wave of blossoms before they started construction on my rear deck and boarded up the window it was next to. With the reduction in light, it allowed the buds to shrivel. Perhaps, if you moved it from south to north while it was budding, that was the cause.

If it is happy in the new location, it will start putting out new buds again, in a few weeks to a month. If it doesn't, you might want to consider putting it back in the south window.

Good luck!

o
RE: Bud drop

Thanks greedy ghost, it may be my watering habits. I shall keep an eye and see how it goes in a north window

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here