Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepeuve

My Krimson queen has flourished

pepeuve
10 years ago

HI people.
I need the help of a friend of mine, who speaks Spanish and explain about me and the content of this post. Thank you.

My hoya krimson queen has flourished and it is a floral spectacle. There are a lot of pictures. Impossble to post all of them here.

The album is private

"Escandaloso amanecer"

but with great enthusiasm will send a link to who request.

Nevertheless I show a pic.

I'm sorry for my bad English.

Regards.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/cimg0949yx.jpg/][IMG]http://imageshack.us/scaled/modthumb/62/cimg0949yx.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Here is a link that might be useful: Escandaloso amanecer

This post was edited by pepeuve on Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 4:51

Comments (19)

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

That's amazing...look at all your blooms pepeuve!! Congrats, you have an amazing Krimson Queen, great job growing it!!

• stephanie_kay
    10 years ago

Wow.... how beautiful your Krimson Queen is. Thank you so much for sharing your photos.

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tnx puglrv and stephanie.

The album is public for all people

Here is a link that might be useful: Escandaloso amanecer

• teisa
    10 years ago

Wow Pepeuve! I love seeing posts of your gorgeous Hoyas. I dream on one day being able to grow them cascading over my balcony. Thanks for sharing...

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tnx Teisa:

This is a video in June/2010 in my house.

flores hoya carnosa. wax flowers (link below)

I hope you like.

Regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: flores hoya carnosa. wax flowers

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is an youtube video

http://youtu.be/BIqw9UHlORg
    link below.

Good weekend.

Here is a link that might be useful: Floracion Krimson queen

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

BEST HOYA I EVER SEEN. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :-O

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

teengardener1888. Thanks.

Have you seen this video?.
    Another hoya of mine.
    Photos taken this morning.
    link below

Regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another hoya of mine.

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Great to hear from you, pepeuve! Your Hoyas look more magnificent every year.

In case anyone here is unfamiliar with pepeuve, every year he provides excellent demonstrations of how Hoya carnosa, a plant this is often misunderstood to require years to reach blooming size, can actually form brand new peduncles on a cutting and bloom within 6 months. At least, in the ideal conditions provided by Malaga, Spain.

Of course, not all of us can create those conditions in our homes, but it is a very good lesson. We might wait 10 years for a Hoya to bloom, but this isn't necessarily due to the nature of the plant itself. Not that anyone should feel guilty about not getting a plant to bloom within a small time frame, but I personally find it inspiring that Hoyas want to bloom ASAP. :P

Sorry about the mini-lecture. I just wanted to update newcomers about some of the neat things you can find on the blog.

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

Wonder if my krimson queen will jump on flowering

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Photographs can distort color somewhat, but can you see the approximate color of pepeuve's leaves? If you want yours to bloom quickly, you need to increase the light until your leaves are a similar lime-green color. :)

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello people:

Hello greedyghost:

It's a huge pleasure to hear from you. A magnificent chat talking about my humble person. You explained very well what sun rise is necessary for our wax plants bloom soon. These days are blooming three beautiful specimens mine and I hope you have seen them in my last posts and I invite all people to see them and visit my blogs. One of them, "Mihoyacarnosa" give some advice to see our hoyas bloom soon.

From Spain, Best Regards

Here is a link that might be useful: Mi hoya carnosa

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello teengardener1888.

You accept the good advice who has given greedyghost.

Please, visit link below. Thanks.

Regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: 4 majestuosas carnosas

• qwkslver
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I cant really understand the post for I speak little spanish but the plant is gorgeous

Adios best regards from Nueva York, Estados Unidos de America

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

@ teengardener

Click on the U.S. flag to the right and the auto-translate will kick in. It translates "Hoya carnosa" as "basins fleshy" which is quite amusing, but just ignore that.

Basically, the post shows a picture of 4 carnosas that were quite small when they were planted, and, after only 2 years, have covered a HUGE fence!

The plants are east facing and receive 4 hours of morning light. Pepeuve feels that morning light is the best for Hoya carnosa (as well as its close relatives, like publicalyx) and that this is a good demonstration.

I have to agree. Most of my carnosas are in east windows, right up against the glass, and as soon as I moved them there, they bloomed within a year. (It takes the variegated ones slightly longer).

He also points out that there are visible differences between the leaves growing at the bottom and those growing at the top, both in size and color. That's how, when someone posts a picture of a common Hoya like carnosa, we can tell what light it was grown in.

@ pepeuve

I know some people find it frustrating to try and translate other languages, but I think it's very important.

The Hoya community is so very small - we cannot afford to ignore the useful observations and experiments made in a different language.

Thank you for periodically coming to visit us, even though we don't speak Spanish. ^_^'

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi people

I'm sorry but my English is very bad.

A superb explanation that gives us greedyghost and I must confess that your advice is worthy to apply.

I donôt remember how can I include a photo in this post.

Itôs about a publicalyx silver pink 18/24 months old (I donôt remember) and already has 4 new peduncles.

Tanks greedyghost

Regards

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

I think this might be the photograph you are referring to, pepeuve?

This is a H. publicalyx Pink Silver cutting that was just under 2 years old when it opened up buds for the first time.

Source: Las "Hoyas" Malagueñas de Pepeuve

I also wanted to post the cool picture of the 2 year old Hoya carnosas we were discussing earlier, for those who don't like clicking on links.

Can you even believe this? :)

Source: Las "Hoyas" Malagueñas de Pepeuve

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up greedyghost

Pepeuve you dont haved to apologize for not being able to speak english well, I apologize for not being able to speak spanish

Sponsored
More Discussions