Hello people:

Sorry for my bad English.

Today.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cultivo semi hidropónico

Comments (12)

• teisa
    10 years ago

Hi

I am glad you posted your picture of Chouke growing this way. I too am just starting a hoya growing in this way. How long many I ask have you had it growing s/h?

I love it. Thanks for sharing with us.

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Treisa:

it is growing here since May 2.012

Another example: 4 months later.

Regards

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Treisa:

it is growing here since May 2.012

Another example: 4 months later.

Regards

• Diana_Gale
    10 years ago

I have so much more success growing plants in water...

I'm thinking that the Hoya cuttings I have in water are going to stay!

Are those shiny balls part of the roots??

• teisa
    10 years ago

Diana gale,

I grow mine with leca stones, which are expanded clay balls. I'm not sure what Pepeuve uses either. I've tried growing with the expanded grow balls, but I never get roots compared to what Pepeuve gets!

Pepeuve, if you see this: I'm wondering if those beads are small and then expand in water? If that's what your using, mine never grow roots in those! I actually tried 2 plants one in leca and same plant in water grow balls, had significant different results!

-teisa

• Diana_Gale
    10 years ago

Interesting... I ordered some Hydroton. Can't wait to try them. Our granddaughter had some of those plastic grow-ball toys. Is that what these are?

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Pepeuve uses some kind of gel beads, and yes, I think they are the kind that expands. Check out this group of tagged posts. In one of them he mentions that they expand. Maybe he'll respond back, because it's obvious he's experimented with a number of different varieties and probably has some good advice.

I haven't tried the gel balls, but I get great results with expanded clay pellets.

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi people:

One example:

• pepeuve
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ greedyghost

Thanks for explanation and links.

Regards.

• teisa
    10 years ago

I've wondered if anyone in US uses these expanded grow balls because I was amazed at my experiment that they didn't grow ANY roots, while the ones in LECA did! The ones I tried were dark blue, would that have had something to do with allowing light in?

And Pepeuve mostly uses yellow balls.! I know for me I'll stick to Leca stones. I love to add them to my soil mixture also. I got the idea from a Hoya Nursery that does that "Costa Farms".

Yes, thanks GG for the wonderful post of Pepeuves notes.
    -Teisa

This post was edited by teisa on Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 2:01

• Diana_Gale
    10 years ago

wow, that's a work of art Pepuve!

• amber_m
    10 years ago

teisa,
    i used those grow balls a few years back (when i didnt know about hoyas). i used them on various house plants such as spider plants, they worked amazingly well for rooting spider plants but as you probably know, you can root spider plants anywhere. i didnt use them for very long though because it seemed like i was constantly having to drain them due to water collecting in the bottom, and i didnt want my plants roots to sit in water. now because i didnt use them for too long and my plants didnt have extensive root systems maybe thats why there was water in the bottom... maybe if i had let them get more extensive it would have taken care of the water problem because they would have been absorbing more water. anyways, after reading this post it has made me want to get grow balls again and have a few experiments, so i think ill purchase some in feburary when i get my tax return and i have a little extra money. im looking forward to seeing what happens!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?