Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More birds & Hoyas...

Posted by denise 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 8:17

No, I don't have any pet birds, but I so enjoy spring when the birds return and sing me awake every morning, and watching the flocks of geese come north. Well, I've been noticing a Robin flying away from my covered front porch every time I go out and figured there must be a nest somewhere. I found it snuggled down in my big hanging pot of H. 'Krimson Princess', which I put out there hoping to get some new variegated growth (seems to want to produce mostly all-green) and in hopes of getting some flowers. I got out my step stool and - so far - no baby birdies, so she must just be sitting on eggs right now. Makes it a little challenging to water!

Denise in Omaha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More birds & Hoyas...

How sweet Denise,

Years ago I had a grapevine wreath on the side of my house right beside the patio door. After a bad wind storm a robin made a nest in the wreath and laid 3 eggs. Her and went rounds tho, she wanted to use my flowers to decorate her new home, she finally won, she got the flowers. She hatched the eggs and the babies were so fun to watch. . . they all flew away on the 4th of July. . .

Maid~

o

I have a pair of Carolina wrens that like to nest in my hoyas each year. they've been doing it now for the past 3 years. The first 2 years it was my latifolia IML 88 basket then this year it was a basket of pottsii. I also found a nest in my hoya rigida which is not in a basket but sitting on a gh bench.

o

Oh, my, the wind is rocking the plant back and forth, and mama bird apparently doesn't find the swaying appealing 'cuz she's not in the nest. I'm sure the eggs will be fine in this heat...

What I love about Robins - and maybe this is just what all birds do - Papa Robin is always nearby, watchin' out for his woman. It's just special!

Denise in Omaha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here