Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya Naumanii

Posted by suetran1 7NC (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 8:51

I love this one, very scented, easy to grow.
Can any one find the different?
sue

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya Naumanii

Very pretty and I like how shiny the blooms are. That six pointed flower is really neat!

Mike

o

Oh fun! A rebel flower. That is just so cool looking.

This is a beautiful plant, I agree. I just recently received a cutting of it from a kind person here and I am really enjoying how it always seems so serene and classy.

o

Gorgeous! I recently got a plant of this, and seeing your pictures, I'm so glad I did.

Would you mind letting me know what conditions you give it please?

Renee

o

Renee
For me, I feel this plant like medium light, feeding in summer, flower in winter.
This plant is easy, sometime I water it only once a week in winter, it is till fine. Very fragrance, this is my favorite plant also.
This year, after I re-potted it, It grow like crazy.

sue

o

Its beatiful!!! I am new to the hoya plant. My best friend from college had one,that is the first I ever saw a hoya, very interesting. Come to find out that I have a very green thumb with orchids and these particular plants. ( they seem to love me and not my mother).

I always loved vining plants. Brought my first hoya this past december and now im hooked! I have three cuttings that are doing pretty good and a leaf cutting as an experiment. ( though I heard that just leaf cuttings with no stem produce no new growth. I will just have to wait and see

o

Harrison, usually the leaves produce roots, but only sometimes they produce new vines. Most of us stick knocked off leaves in the pot just in case we get lucky.

Denise once posited that it may be that certain leaves have some fragment of the node still attached to the petiole and that enables them to put out new viney growth, where other leaves can't. Right or wrong, that is my favorite hypothesis for what is going on here.

o

would love to get a description of the fragrance, I have read it smells like jasmine, nice and bitter, lilac, like Hoya cv. Pinky. Any of those descriptions comes close?

Thanks in advance!

o

Hi Sue, Gorgeous flowers. I've heard that Hoya naumanii might be a wild cross of Hoya cv "pinkie".
Here is my Hoya cv Pinkie for a comparison.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here