Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buds

Posted by kellyknits 6/WV Eastern Panhand (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 9:15

Only hoya in bloom at my house right now is lacunosa snowcaps. Do have a couple budding....

Very excited about this one!
Serpens! It bloomed once several years ago with one umbel, then went downhill. It's now growing in hydroton and in a northern window. Has over a dozen penduncles with at least 3 or 4 budding right now. Not as impressive as the other one recently posted, but I'm still excited!

Hoya merridithii x crassicaulis - will be a first timer and is still VERY small

Hoya publicalyx Bright One - LOVE this one!

Hoya bella - this is mostly regular bella with a few stems of variegated Luis Bois thrown in. It's outside right now and has been tolerating the 90+ degree days fine (????). Again, no where near as lovely as the one recently posted, but has a good many buds for a smaller plant!

The hoya relative Milkweed. Have 4 different colors of it this year!

And this one (not a hoya)sold to me as: Acanthorhipsalis,Rhipsalis-golden orange flowers. Can't really find much info on it:

Plus australis is budding for the first time and another hoya I received in a trade is budding - right now it's a noid to me.

Can't wait for blooms!

Wishing lots of buds and blooms for everyone!

Kelly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buds

You'll have a lot of flowers here soon. I love buds, sometimes even more than the flowers themselves.

Really like the meredithii x crassicaulis bud, can't wait to see those flowers - and 12 penduncles on serpens I think is pretty good!

Renee

o

Very cool! If only I could get my Hoyas all to coordinate their blooming time. lol

o

Beautiful Kelly!! I love bud photos almost as much as the open blooms...almost,lol...Good luck with them all. I'm especially excited for you about Serpens...this is one hard hoya to keep alive let alone bloom. I'm so envious of Renee's serpens. Maybe one day I'll have one of those too...though mine is a very small one.

Keep us posted! TFS!

o

I love the way you post pictures of progress all through a bud's development, Kelly. These are some of my favorite threads. Very cool that serpens is going to bloom again for you and I have to agree that those buds on Bright One are just amazing.

I also think it's fun that you grow different varieties of milkweed. I would do just the same if I had a garden! ^_^

o

Glad I'm not the only one who likes buds!

GG, I LOVE the milkweeds! Definitely recommend them for anyone who has the space!

Kelly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here