Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

Bloom Color Showdown

greedygh0st
11 years ago

I have a series of questions about bloom color. Feel free to skip any or all that you find stupid. Feel free to add categories I stupidly forgot! ;P

1. What is your favorite bloom color?

2. Which is the best pink bloom?

3. Which is the best red bloom?

4. Which is the best orange bloom?

5. Which is the best yellow bloom?

6. Which is the best green bloom?

7. Which is the best purple bloom?

8. Which is the best white bloom?

9. Which is the best speckled bloom?
  2. Which is the best bicolor bloom?

Also, if someone can tell me why there are no blue Hoyas, you get a cookie.

Comments (2)

• Klea
    11 years ago

Such hard questions to answer! I will give it a try though. :)

So hard! I think it has got to be orange.

I love the delicate pinkish color the good old carnosa sometimes get. But the pink patella is gorgeous! At least it is in pictures, I haven't yet seen it in person (it's on my wish list).

Hmm, a red one. Aren't they all just lighter or darker shades of pink? Maybe it just looks that way on photographs.

I could quite possibly be praetorii. :)

I can't make up my mind! Just gonna throw out a suggestion of hoya inflata.

For me serpens is a clear winner on this one!

purpureo-fusca maybe.

My head is about to explode! How can one be expected to choose?

I don't know...

1. Which is the best bicolor bloom?

Argh, so hard! I'm about to throw in the towel here! lol If I have to choose one I've got to do it fast and without thinking too hard. Off the top of my head; Hoya callistophylla.

There, done! And if any of my hoyas refuses to flower for me because I didn't pick it for this list - I'll blame you greedyghost! LOL jk

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oops. Haha. I actually thought this one was going to be a goofy easy thread, but I guess not! Thanks, Klea for giving it a go. I suppose I better at least have the grace to answer the questions myself before I let the thread die a graceful death. xD

Mine is green, followed by orange. :)

I haven't seen the pink patella bloom in person yet, either, but I'm looking forward to it! My favorite is desvoeuxensis. The blooms are so big and heavy for such a delicate plant and the color is a rich lip glossy shade.

I also really love the blooms on the plant I refer to as "Mike's caudata" even though I have my own now. The IML 0965.

Yeah that's a fair point. It's kind of a vague magenta continuum. I'm just going to say mindorensis anyway. Who's going to stop me, the pink police?

My vote is for sigillatis, but I am excited by all the orange blooms!

Totally heuschkeliana. I love you, little bells! I am also very fond of blashernaezii, because it's a tough little champ!

Oh and I just received Golden Flame yesterday from Joni and wow is it ever gorgeous!! I was blown away! I thought the leaves would be more like blaeshernaezii but they are distinctive. Totally worth the wait! /dance of joy I swear, if Hoya shopping was done in a department store, I would have been elbowing people out of the way to get at that plant.

jk ;) I'm actually quite bad at fighting for myself.

Serpens is a great choice! I'm going to elect sp. Estrella and chlorantha just to be contrary. :)

Mmm. vitiensis.

The correct answer is obviously... oh I don't know. My brain is exploding, too. rotundiflora!

lambii

1. Which is the best bicolor bloom?

I like the finlaysonii blooms.

What? Not bloom because you didn't pick them? Haven't you heard how contrary Hoyas are? They bloom because you complained about them!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions