Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
puglvr1

June Blooms

puglvr1
10 years ago

Hi everyone, just wanted to share some Hoya blooms with you guys...most of them I took today and a couple from May...

Thanks for looking :o)

H. dickasoniana

H. DS-70...sorry its blurry

Pubicalyx 'rhp'

H. meliflua

H. wayettii

H. finlaysonii

Sp.square (now rotundiflora)

H. elliptica

H. doliocosparte (sp)?

Pubicalyx buds

H. lucardenasiana

Thanks for sharing them with me!

Comments (47)

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oops forgot Hoya sigillatis...

• amber_m
    10 years ago

beautiful blooms!!!! congrats on all of them!

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Hiya Pug,

(Seems like) long time no see.

You've got some absolutely gorgeous blooms AND foliage (like the last one, w/ which I'm unfamiliar), just stunning colors & patterns.

FLA sure does agree w/ them, congratulations & good growing. TFS!

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Wow, pug! Neat set of pictures. I just love those dolichosparte buds - flat green disks - too cute!

Perfect photo of the publicalyx buds, too. I love the way their color is matched by the leaf behind them, and the way you can tell how they will be shaded and speckled when they open.

I have to admit I haven't seen lucardenasiana in bloom before and enjoyed that photo the best. The color has a strange mottled look to it, almost like they were white but accidentally fell into a glass of kool-aid or something.

I took these photos today:
    Hoya subquintuplinervis (SRQ 3051)

Hoya hellwigiana (IML 1101)

Hoya sp. Ko Chang Island Thailand (IML 1508)

• cpawl
    10 years ago

Wow you two sure do have some beautiful flowers and buds.

• qwkslver
    10 years ago

All beautiful, thanks for sharing.

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks SO much Amber, PG, GG and Cindy!! I truly appreciate it :o)

PG, my plants DO love the FL humidity...me NOT so much,lol...Hoya sigillatis is one of my most favorite, love the pretty colorful leaves.

Wow GG...I love those pictures and your H. hellgiwiana has the coolest looking bud colors!! Your IML 1508 buds are very pretty too...love those leaves...So beautiful! Sometimes I think when the buds are still closed are just as pretty as when they open...

I was very lucky with my lucardenasiana that it bloomed pretty quickly, its one I haven't had too long...a lucky break I'm sure!

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oops missed your post nbgramma...Thank you!! We must have been typing at the same time :o)

• teisa
    10 years ago

Hi Pug, it's great to see you back ^_^ ! I loved your pictures and blooms!!! My favorite is H. SigIllatis!!! I'm on a mission to find that one. We're you able to get it in the U.S? Glad you shared with us your Beautiful blooms!

GG, Wow More Gorgeous Blooms!! You definately have an incredible collection! TFS!!

-Tess

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

I woke up this morning and I could tell right away this guy had opened up. It's a lovely strong perfume. I'm pretty sure this is one of the ones that looks cuter as buds, as Pug says. But it has a definite charm - like a bit of foamy ivory wedding dress that has gotten snagged on a branch.

Hoya sp. Ko Chang Island Thailand (IML 1508)

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Teisa :o)...my very first sigillatis came from Thailand a few years ago (a friend placed an order and I went in with her) but sadly those did not survive. Luckily my sweet Hubby found one on Ebay several months later, he gave it to me ( an anniversary gift) and I've cherished it ever since. I almost lost it one winter...I was devastated and thought I was going to lose it...thank goodness it recovered!

I've seen them listed on Ebay once in a while from the states...

Oh Wow...Those are really beautiful GG...it looks like something that belongs in a wedding bouquet :o)

Sounds like it has a very nice fragrance too...always a plus!!

• amber_m
    10 years ago

i have brand new javanica blooms! it seems like this one is always blooming for me!

• amber_m
    10 years ago

one more of my javanica blooms

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

@ Pug

Yep, if the bride was about the size of a wine bottle, that Ko Chang Island would be the perfect bouquet. xP I keep waiting for someone on here to post pictures of their bridal bouquet, incorporating Hoyas. Or in the groom's lapel? Doesn't it seem inevitable that would happen at some point?

Well, your sigillatis blooms more than anyone else's on here, as far as I can tell, so it is certainly an appropriate symbol of love. :)

@ Teisa

I think it's easier to get sigillatis stateside now, and you could always wishlist it on Joni's site and wait till she has a cutting ready. I have a little rooted one in my trade post atm, but I'll warn you that that particular one is pretty small, since it lost some ground over the winter.

@ Amber

Don't you love the greenish tint of those blossoms?

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms, so different from any other flowers.

• teisa
    10 years ago

Pug, it sounds like you have a very sweet husband. It is very thoughtful for our DH to buy us Hoyas. (But I sometimes wonder if mine has other motives;)

GG, I was at Joni's on Saturday, never saw Signallis!! However, there is Soo many!!! Plus I could have stayed ALL day taking everything in... But I knew she had much more important things to do than wait on me! I did not see the post for Signallis by Pug until Sunday! Ill post pictures of my new beauties soon.

• moonwolf_gw
    10 years ago

Congrats on the blooms, everyone! I may join in soon when bella opens her first buds in the near future.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

lol Teisa. I, too, haunted the racks of plants far longer than politeness allowed, like a greedy ghost indeed.

I found that my eyes were overwhelmed, trying to distinguish what was what. It's one thing to look at a mass of your own familiar plants, and another to parse apart someone else's wall of green. I kept feeling like my eyes were glazing over and I "wasn't seeing anything" and then I'd stare harder as though I could develop a photographic memory, through strength of will.

I was very curious to see how the setup looks now that there are few baby plants sitting around, and luckily Joni had posted pictures again of this season's setup. Fun stuff!

Can't wait to see pictures of your haul. I'm really happy you enjoyed yourself!

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rotundiflora aka sp.square leaf opened...

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And so did H. dolichosparte ( first time bloomer for me)...

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

WOW that dolichosparte is way more adorable than I expected! I love how rounded the corona is, like a cutie-pie wax daisy set atop a melon green star.

I like this plant a lot more, now!

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Although today it's feeling more like a margarita-green star, if you k now what I mean...

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

This one finally started cracking open this evening. The scent is like lilacs. Not too strong.

Hoya hellwigiana (IML 1101)

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just love your descriptions GG!! You have a way with words :o)

LOVE your hellwigiana!! It looks so dainty and SO beautiful, The buds have the neatest colors. Awesome pictures!!

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

Wowwww !! love it !!
    Congratulations !

Here is a link that might be useful: Las hoyas malagueñas de pepeuve

• rennfl
    10 years ago

Wow, great blooms everyone, but even better pics showing them off!

Renee

• teisa
    10 years ago

This is a little off topic but I didnt want to start a new thread....Ive not seen Mike lately. Anyone heard from him? Hope all is well with him. It just seems like a few months since hes posted and he usuallly put monthly blooms :(

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Last time he posted he said he'd be back after he finished getting settled into his new house. I'm sure he's just in one of those busy/distracted phases we experience from time to time.

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

Please, I donôt remember how to post a pic here.
    Some advice or tip?.
    Thanks.

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

I have demonstrated two methods for image posting below. I used Method 2 to display the following picture:

Source: Las "Hoyas" Malagueñas de Pepeuve

I used Method 1 to post this picture of instructions:

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

@greedyghost

I know the first method.

the picture you show was a Hoya that I gave less than two years ago although I imagine you know it very well.

I wanted to talk about another pubicalyx that receives morning sun whose picture show. The umbels of a peduncle have aborted but are coming out again (two weeks). Tomorrow will show the 4 emerging peduncles.

Thanks.

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

Gorgeous, does anybody have hoya cuttings for trade email me

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

WOWSER,don't know why I havn't ventured over here before now.I've been on GW since 1999,and usually hang out at the cactus/succulents,cottage garden,calif garden and several othe places.

I have 2 Hoyas in bloom now,and while the flowers are very similar,the leaves are different.I did take pictures today,havn't uploaded them yet.

Thanks for sharing your beauties,and as Arnold would say"I'll be back".
    Kathi

• teisa
    10 years ago

Yeah now I remember that Mike was moving. Im happy to know hes alright. I've missed him being around.

Kathi, we would love to see your Hoyas! And hope you stick around... but I warn you looking at the above pictures is very addictive. I bet you will add to that Hoya collection in no time :).

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

Hello people:

I have several wax plants but most spectacular are the carnosas and krimson queens.

Here I show a picture, another house of mine, but you can see this majestic plant in the photo album link below "Hoya carnosa, plena floración"

Thanks and Regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya carnosa, plena floración

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

I had to leave town for Father's Day, but I've been watching these lobbii blooms swell and darken for a while now and I hope they don't pop while I'm gone. This is the first time this plant has bloomed for me and I have no idea how big the buds are when they're about "done."

I think this has to be one of the prettiest Hoya buds, though. It just has this lovely sparkly juicy blueberry color. I took a photo of the mature buds and the younger buds so you can see how they get darker and darker the older they are.

Hoya lobbii #2 (dark form)

While I'm at it, here is also...

Hoya carnosa Krinkle 8

I know, (yawn) after pepeuve's outrageously extravagant displays. ;)

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

Hello greedyghost

Only that:

I love it !! Congratulations !!

And that is the second bloom this spring .
    (I donôt like my hoya).

Sorry my bad English. :(

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya krinkle 8

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Very pretty pepeuve!! Thanks for posting...

Wow GG...those lobbii buds are really beautiful...I love it! I'm keeping fingers crossed you won't miss them open. Beautiful pictures though...

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

Hello people:

Hoya carnosa of my nieces/granddaughters today. It was a gif 2 years ago.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya carnosa sobrinas nietas

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

Hi people:

Hoya Pubicalyx red button.
    Flower today.

If you want to know about this Pubicalyx, click on link below.

Thanks and Regards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lluvias mes de Mayo

• mayyan
    10 years ago

Welcome back, amazing picture as always.

mayyan

• puglvr1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nice to see you David...Wow!! Thanks for the awesome pictures...they are all beautiful but that H. illagiorum color is amazing and that praetorii is gorgeous as well...

• dmichael619
    10 years ago

I'm sure you guys thought I had vanished!!! Not so!! I'm still alive and well but life just seems to be so busy anymore that I just don't get to spend as much time online anymore as I used to or would like to. The hoyas are doing great and i'll continue to take and post new pics as I have time to do so. Trying to balance work,home, a garden and the gh has proven to be quite a task!!!

Mayyan & Pug,nice to see you all again and I enjoyed looking at everyone's pics.

David

• dmichael619
    10 years ago

as promised,here are a few more pics of some flowers that were open today.

H. acuta "red" form. this plant came from Hawaii and this is it's first time blooming for me

H. kerri albomarginata with a visitor!!! This has got to be the "drippiest" hoya out there as far as dripping nectar goes and it will stain anything it gets on.

H. callistophylla IML 0554

H.soligamiana

H. obovata variegated form

• cpawl
    10 years ago

Wow nice flowers everyone.I too have been crazy busy with a tempt posting at work.I have had very little time to do much.After the 10th of july I go back to my job and will have a bit more time.
    My new greenhouse is all done and have wanted to show it off so maybe in july I will be able.
    Ok back to everyone's beautiful flowers.

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Hi David! So nice to hear(/see?) from you again. :) I'm glad you're doing well.

As for your pictures... amazing as always.

That andalensis is just so pretty. I love little ball flower Hoyas (what's the official name for that again?) and that yellowish ivory is the perfect shade for this type of bloom.

Jack has the best rigidas! And of course I love love love that photo. It puts me in mind of a specific photo but I can't remember the description/EPC. Well, I'm just content to know that I've rooted every rigida he's made available so far and hopefully I'll be looking at the same flowers someday. ;)

If I had any notion that the acuta red would be that vivid I would have bought it long ago! Neat-o! It looks like 80s era Barbie nailpolish lol.

Also, can I just say that the lighting on that obovota makes it look like some kind of shimmery extraterrestrial fabric.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions