Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suetran1

Hoya archiboldiana

suetran1
12 years ago

Yes I'm back and I have something to share with you.

sue

Comments (17)

• banannas
    12 years ago

stunning!

• cpawl
    12 years ago

Look at all those huge flowers. Congratulation on getting your hoya to flower.It must have a very nice fragrance with all those flowers open.

Cindy

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

That's just beautiful! Congrats on all those gorgeous flowers :)

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks you, it have very light pleasant fragrance at day time, I don't know if it more tense at night.

• Denise
    12 years ago

Very nice! Archie bloomed for me a couple years ago and nothing since. But it's been one of my problem children. I think it's doing better right now.

Denise in Omaha

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

What a comeback Sue! That is an incredible number of flowers especially seeing as your plant does not look huge itself.
    Denise my plant has been acting up lately and it has dropped two leaves in the past couple of weeks. I hope I can get it growing strongly again.

Mike

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, something I'd like to talk about my green thumb, I find out is when they are root bound, they start to have a lot of flowers. This plant grown in a small pot inside, only 3" wide
    and I put it in bigger pot for more easy standing or hanging.
    sue

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Crazy! Great blooms!

Josh

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Congrats, Sue! They are very beautiful flowers! They remind me of starfish. I love how the sunlight kinda backlights the flowers.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• dmichael619
    12 years ago

Welcome back Sue and thanks for sharing. Awesome plant and congrats on the flowers!!!

david

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Wow Sue!! Gorgeous flowers and look at all of them! What a nice welcome home present...just beautiful! Thanks for sharing and glad you're back!

• patrick51
    12 years ago

Sue, simply awesome, and so many, many blooms!! Congratulations and good growing on your part...yes, you do have a "green" thumb!! Fondly, Patrick

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Awesome and beautiful, Sue. Yes, you do have a green thumb. Thanks for the tip for small pots. I'll have to remember that. Most of my smaller ones are in 4" pots.

• paul_
    12 years ago

Very cool blooms!

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Well, I need to join the chorus and agree that that's a showstopping plant! Great to know that it doesn't have to be mammoth in order to produce such a spectacular display. I think you give your plants very excellent light conditions, though, so I'm trying not to get too excited. ^_~

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, Greedy. It have the morning sun and the afternoon shade 60%.

• aveo5
    12 years ago

Boy I hope mine blooms that great. The one I bought is about 1/4th that size...so...and at the rate my hoyas grow, I am hoping it will grow to blooming size fast. It is in a 4in pot...good to know I wont have to pot it up anytime soon. I knew they had to be rootbound to bloom,it made my Mac. bloom so well. Hope my newly replanted one will bloom soon,now that it is in hanging in the right place, and the right size pot.

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County