Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya archiboldiana

Posted by suetran1 7NC (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 11 at 11:42

Yes I'm back and I have something to share with you.
sue
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya archiboldiana

stunning!

o

Look at all those huge flowers. Congratulation on getting your hoya to flower.It must have a very nice fragrance with all those flowers open.

Cindy

o

That's just beautiful! Congrats on all those gorgeous flowers :)

o

Thanks you, it have very light pleasant fragrance at day time, I don't know if it more tense at night.

o

Very nice! Archie bloomed for me a couple years ago and nothing since. But it's been one of my problem children. I think it's doing better right now.

Denise in Omaha

o

What a comeback Sue! That is an incredible number of flowers especially seeing as your plant does not look huge itself.
Denise my plant has been acting up lately and it has dropped two leaves in the past couple of weeks. I hope I can get it growing strongly again.

Mike

o

Oh, something I'd like to talk about my green thumb, I find out is when they are root bound, they start to have a lot of flowers. This plant grown in a small pot inside, only 3" wide
and I put it in bigger pot for more easy standing or hanging.
sue

o

Crazy! Great blooms!

Josh

o

Congrats, Sue! They are very beautiful flowers! They remind me of starfish. I love how the sunlight kinda backlights the flowers.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Welcome back Sue and thanks for sharing. Awesome plant and congrats on the flowers!!!

david

o

Wow Sue!! Gorgeous flowers and look at all of them! What a nice welcome home present...just beautiful! Thanks for sharing and glad you're back!

o

Sue, simply awesome, and so many, many blooms!! Congratulations and good growing on your part...yes, you do have a "green" thumb!! Fondly, Patrick

o

Awesome and beautiful, Sue. Yes, you do have a green thumb. Thanks for the tip for small pots. I'll have to remember that. Most of my smaller ones are in 4" pots.

o

Very cool blooms!

o

Well, I need to join the chorus and agree that that's a showstopping plant! Great to know that it doesn't have to be mammoth in order to produce such a spectacular display. I think you give your plants very excellent light conditions, though, so I'm trying not to get too excited. ^_~

o

Yes, Greedy. It have the morning sun and the afternoon shade 60%.

o

Boy I hope mine blooms that great. The one I bought is about 1/4th that size...so...and at the rate my hoyas grow, I am hoping it will grow to blooming size fast. It is in a 4in pot...good to know I wont have to pot it up anytime soon. I knew they had to be rootbound to bloom,it made my Mac. bloom so well. Hope my newly replanted one will bloom soon,now that it is in hanging in the right place, and the right size pot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here