Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. pubicalyx 'Red Buttons'

Posted by denise 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 11:50

...is finally blooming for me. I got it as a cutting in the summer of 2007, then ordered a small one from CBFM a month or so later because I liked it so much. It's grown by leaps and bounds and I moved it to a large pot last summer. It put on a few peduncles that stayed dormant until recently. This is a closeup of a single flower because they haven't all opened yet. What I like is the more rose-colored corolla and the distinct white rim.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Denise in Omaha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. pubicalyx 'Red Buttons'

That's beautiful! Mine was starting to fail this spring so it's in the process of re-rooting...now I have something to look forward to! This is another one I really like the leaves of as well!

Kelly

o

Very pretty Denise...love the pubicalyx blooms. My RHP and Pink silver blooms are almost identical...I was really hoping the blooms on my RHP would be darker but they're not :o(
Congrats!

o

Hey there Denise,

What a pretty bloom & a wonderful photo! I especially like it's a 3/4 view of the flower, rather than full on; its soft, dusty rose color & that white outline on the rim. What a beauty, congrats to you!!

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 20:12

Hmm Denise,

Yours looks different from mine. This is what mine looks like.

Red Buttons
H. 'Red Buttons'

Dee

o

Hi Dee! You're photo looks like my 'RHP'...
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
I have to be careful to keep my pubicalyx cultivars tagged or I get them mixed up.

I think my 'Bright One' is going to bloom for me this year, too!

Denise in Omaha

o

Dee,

Just thought I'd tell you that another peduncle opened, this one being in the sun (whereas the first one was in a shadier spot) and the colors are darker. Interesting, huh?

Denise in Omaha

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 11, 10 at 20:32

Yes it is Denise,

Carol said she thought the changing colors had something to do with the sugars..I will see if I still have the email from her.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here