Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya Bella

Posted by grrr4200 z3 MI (shatteredwindow@hotmail.com) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 11:57

I have searched high and low for this plant. I have checked ebay and amazon for years.

Does anyone know where i can find this old fashioned beauty? My grandmother had one 20 years ago but she burned it in the sun and it died. Haven't seen one since.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya Bella

I've killed it a few times myself (& its variegate as well, sadly).

Perhaps look for Cowboyflowerman on EBay or at his plant place called (I think) 'Secret Gardens'. I'd expect that he'd have it.

OR,

try Joni at SRQ Hoyas; I'm sure she'd have it as well. I don't believe it's particularly uncommon.

I haven't done mail order myself, but know these folks to be reputable from their reputations on here & these are two vendors I WILL order from when ever I DO decide to get Hoyas by mail order.

o

To add to Pirate Girl's great suggestions here's another possible source for H. bella...

Accents for home and garden website

o

Sorry to disagree Pug, I would not recommend the folks above you're suggesting. I know Toni likes them & that's why I tried them.

The 4 Hoyas they sent me were only so so, 2 were mis-IDED (1 w/ invented name) & not what I ordered & all were short lived. I've never ordered from them again.

o

I should say uncommon for up here:) Upper Michigan the land of tree's and no good plant places lol. I will do my best to try and find those sellers on ebay. I have done searches and currently all thats coming up are variegated varieties from thailand.

Pug, i did find that website while searching (thank you so much for the link) have you ordered from there? Reading Pirates post now im a bit weary lol.

Thank you guys so much for your suggestions! I will stop at nothing until i find this plant!

o

Thanks for your comments about them Pirate Girl...I haven't ordered Hoyas from them before...I did order a Succulent from them several years ago and was happy with it but ,not a Hoya.

Grrr, I would leave that completely up to you...but it seems that Pirate Girl has first hand experience with ordering Hoyas from this company so its totally your call...if you decide to order from them, you know you are taking a chance and might not work out to your expectations or you may not get the right ID? Good luck!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here