Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My favorite Hoya! pic.

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 12:59

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have been here and I hope everyone is well. I just had to show you my favorite Hoya.

It has been flowering and re-flowering since March and it continues to do so.
It smells like chocolate every time I walk into the greenhouse. Yummy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, if I could only put a name with this one.

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My favorite Hoya! pic.

Hi Mike!! Congratulations on blooming your Hoya australis!! At least that's what it looks like to me,lol... It is just beautiful!! Look at all those buds! Great job growing it Mike!! Thanks for sharing!

o

Hi Mike,

Yes, I agree - australis, probably ssp. tenuipes. I couldn't make mine grow hanging and had to grow it on a trellis because it just wants to climb and climb. Mine blooms in the fall, and I know fragrance is subjective, but I describe mine as spicy-sweet. I'll have to take a big whiff next time and see if I can compare it to chocolate!

So I have to ask what the white device is in the pot? I'm dying of curiosity!

Denise in Omaha

o

Quite a a wonderful display, congratulations indeed. One can see why it's your favorite pic. The leaves sure look like Australis.

o

Quite a a wonderful display, congratulations indeed. One can see why it's your favorite pic. The leaves sure look like Australis.

o
RE: Wacky double posts -- My favorite Hoya! pic.

Oops, pardon me, I've seen lots of double posts lately, sorry.

o

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

In Spanish:

joderrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

o

Hi Mike,

Congrats on your nice plant.

I'm as curious as Denise, so what is the white device in the pot? I'm dying of curiosity! (2)

Mitzi

o

Hi Mike!

Glad to see you're back! Congrats on the australis buds and blooms! Love your greenhouse too! Is that an Epiphyllum I see in the back? :-)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Very beautiful! I've always felt like australis was one Hoya that should be hung overhead like a chandelier. This is a perfect example. And nice to hear from you again. :)

o

Thanks a million Karen, Brad, Greedyghost, Mitzi, Pepe, Denise:-), and Nancy:-)))

I really appreciate the kind words, for you stopping by, and yes, most of all, all the great advice that has been given here.

I must admit and oops! I do have another favorite as equal as this one, but I am dying for it to still bloom!@

Mike

o

Mike,

You forgot to say what is the white device in the pot... LOL...........

o

Oh that.......... That is a plant zapper! It forces a plant to shoot out flowers that once never would. You know, like an electric shock...

Ok,,lololo The truth is, it is an indoor outdoor thermometer. I leave it there to tell me how hot is up at the pitch there.

Is that better? Got ya.lol It would be nice if there were such a thing as some sort of electrical impulse thing, right?

Mike:-)

o

• Posted by kittee z8 portland, or (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 13:00

ha!
your plant is so lovely!
xo
kittee

o

LOL Mike. You had me going there for a couple beats. I was like: Is he crazy? He's shocking his plants?!

Let us know if you ever publish a paper on floral frequency as induced by electronic pulse therapy (patent pending).

o

hahahhahah..Just what I needed to wake up.lol

o

Very nice setup you have there. Was wondering tho-- how hot DOES it get in there? Very pretty plants. Chocolate huh? would never get me out of there! lol

o

Mike, that is a gorgeous Hoya! Well done! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here