Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

My favorite Hoya! pic.

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have been here and I hope everyone is well. I just had to show you my favorite Hoya.

It has been flowering and re-flowering since March and it continues to do so.

It smells like chocolate every time I walk into the greenhouse. Yummy!

{{gwi:958791}}

{{gwi:958792}}

{{gwi:958794}}

{{gwi:958796}}

Now, if I could only put a name with this one.

Mike

Comments (17)

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

Hi Mike!! Congratulations on blooming your Hoya australis!! At least that's what it looks like to me,lol... It is just beautiful!! Look at all those buds! Great job growing it Mike!! Thanks for sharing!

• Denise
    11 years ago

Hi Mike,

Yes, I agree - australis, probably ssp. tenuipes. I couldn't make mine grow hanging and had to grow it on a trellis because it just wants to climb and climb. Mine blooms in the fall, and I know fragrance is subjective, but I describe mine as spicy-sweet. I'll have to take a big whiff next time and see if I can compare it to chocolate!

So I have to ask what the white device is in the pot? I'm dying of curiosity!

Denise in Omaha

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Quite a a wonderful display, congratulations indeed. One can see why it's your favorite pic. The leaves sure look like Australis.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Quite a a wonderful display, congratulations indeed. One can see why it's your favorite pic. The leaves sure look like Australis.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Oops, pardon me, I've seen lots of double posts lately, sorry.

• pepeuve
    11 years ago

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

In Spanish:

joderrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• mitzicos
    11 years ago

Hi Mike,

Congrats on your nice plant.

I'm as curious as Denise, so what is the white device in the pot? I'm dying of curiosity! (2)

Mitzi

• moonwolf_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Mike!

Glad to see you're back! Congrats on the australis buds and blooms! Love your greenhouse too! Is that an Epiphyllum I see in the back? :-)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Very beautiful! I've always felt like australis was one Hoya that should be hung overhead like a chandelier. This is a perfect example. And nice to hear from you again. :)

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks a million Karen, Brad, Greedyghost, Mitzi, Pepe, Denise:-), and Nancy:-)))

I really appreciate the kind words, for you stopping by, and yes, most of all, all the great advice that has been given here.

I must admit and oops! I do have another favorite as equal as this one, but I am dying for it to still bloom!@

Mike

• mitzicos
    11 years ago

Mike,

You forgot to say what is the white device in the pot... LOL...........

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh that.......... That is a plant zapper! It forces a plant to shoot out flowers that once never would. You know, like an electric shock...

Ok,,lololo The truth is, it is an indoor outdoor thermometer. I leave it there to tell me how hot is up at the pitch there.

Is that better? Got ya.lol It would be nice if there were such a thing as some sort of electrical impulse thing, right?

Mike:-)

• Kittee-Bee Berns
    11 years ago

ha!
    your plant is so lovely!
    xo
    kittee

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

LOL Mike. You had me going there for a couple beats. I was like: Is he crazy? He's shocking his plants?!

Let us know if you ever publish a paper on floral frequency as induced by electronic pulse therapy (patent pending).

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hahahhahah..Just what I needed to wake up.lol

• Lamora
    11 years ago

Very nice setup you have there. Was wondering tho-- how hot DOES it get in there? Very pretty plants. Chocolate huh? would never get me out of there! lol

• jodik_gw
    11 years ago

Mike, that is a gorgeous Hoya! Well done! :-)

Sponsored