Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Glad To See You All! (Reintroducing myself)

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have finally mangaged to get a picture of myself! Mom took it and please excuse my hairdo. The wind was readjusting it for me (grrrr). I'm squinting because of the sun. I'll get a better picture of me later. BTW, my shirt says "FEED ME!" from when I went to see a local production of my favorite musical, Little Shop Of Horrors, a few years ago.

Favorite things

Music: Dottie West, Carpenters, Dolly Parton, classic country and the oldies (no offense to anyone's age since I seem to be the "kid" here on the hoya forum).

TV Shows: The Golden Girls (RIP Estelle, Bea and Rue), Dog The Bounty Hunter, Little People Big World, M*A*S*H, Laverne and Shirley, ALF, Alice (Mel, Kiss My Grits!), Three's Company, Survivor, Match Game, Sailor Moon, classic sitcoms and cartoons mostly.

Movies: Steel Magnolias, Nine To Five, Coal Miner's Daughter, Big Dreams and Broken Hearts: The Dottie West Story and Little Shop Of Horrors (love the play too!). Most of the Disney movies (Little Mermaid (the musical as well), Aladdin, Beauty and The Beast, to name a few).

Authors/Books: Stephen King mostly. My favorite books include Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe and The Wizard Of Oz (love the movie too!)

Hobbies: needlecrafts, playing video games and gardening of course!

I enjoy spending time on here talking to you all and seeking advice. Trading has been fun too! Oh, I did get new plant cuttings today. I am now the proud owner of epiphyllum oxypetalum cuttings! I can't wait for the flowers! Talk to you all soon!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (17)

• kellyknits
    13 years ago

I love Little Shop of Horrors as well! A friend was just in a local prodution of it! Would love to see the old B&W with Jack Nicholson!

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

Hi Moonwolf,

Nice photo. The plant you're holding looks healthy and happy. Good luck with your new cuttings.

Jennifer

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Hey Brad, good to see you!! Love the shirt...that movie is a classic for sure! Carpenters is one of my fave's too!

• suetran1
    13 years ago

Hi Brad
    Good to see you.
    sue

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Hey, Brad!

What are your favorite Stephen King stories?

Josh

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys!

Josh, I have a lot of his books, but my favorites have to be the "classics": The Shining, Christine, Misery, Firestarter, Pet Sematary, etc.. I like most of the movie adaptations too. I haven't read them all or seen them all, but I will someday.

Jennifer, the plant I'm holding in the photo is carnosa. It is one of my favorites and as you can see, it's growing like a weed! Crossing my fingers for flowers!

If you liked my Little Shop Of Horrors shirt, you'd love my shirt I'm wearing today: Scooby Doo!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• lori_40
    13 years ago

Hi Brad, it's nice to put a face on the people we talk to here, maybe we should all post a picture holding our favorite Hoya. I like the classic T.V. shows too, but you forgot The Walton's, I love that show. Lori

• dmichael619
    13 years ago

Nice to meet you Brad!!

I agree Lori,even though we shared pics of ourselves last year,I think we should do an update as I think we have a lot of new members. I'lll try to get a pic of myself today with a favorite hoya and post it

David

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Brad I have tried to grow Epiphyllum oxypetalum for years and I always fail with that darn plant. There are some huge specimens here in several of the local nurseries and I am always impressed when I see them.
    Have you ever tried reading Steven King's series called the Dark Tower? I am told that this was his masterpiece and that the other books were written to pay the bills. I have read the first three books and it is a great story. Several friends that were very into this series since the beginning got me to start reading it even though I rarely read fiction anymore.

Lori we have an older post where many of us posted photos but I can't remember what it was called.

Mike

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mike, no I've never read the Dark Tower series, although I have some of the books from the series. I've heard they're really good too. Don't give up trying to grow the epi! I grow moonflowers (Ipomoea alba) every year and I love the scent. My eldest niece got to see one open and she loved the scent too!

Lori, Mom loves The Waltons too! She watches it more than I do. So you like most of the shows I listed?

David, looking forward to seeing a picture!

Oh, I forgot to say that I've got a peduncle on my shepherdii!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• dmichael619
    13 years ago

Well as much as I absolutely hate to do this here goes!!! I DO NOT like taking pictures but I said I would so here it is. I look like I just stepped of the scene of a horror movie and forgot to smile!! Here's what a 43 year old hoya junkie looks like!!!

• Denise
    13 years ago

Hi Brad. Good to put a face to the name. So did you get a "real" camera? Or is that a phone-camera photo? My brother tells me the phone cameras have gotten quite good...

David, is that a compacta you're standing by? Hard to tell... And what the heck is that to your left that looks like an extra-terrestrial?? I'm sure when you tell me, I'll say "ohhh, yeah..."

Denise in Omaha

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Denise, the picture was taken with the same camera I've been using all along (Vivitar) that I got from Wal-Mart.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Hi David, great picture regardless of what you think. Love that HUGE H. Compacta...I think this is the one you won a ribbon for right?

Denise, I think its a statue of a girl or angel holding something over her head? Lolol...love your sense of humor, "an extra-terrestrial??", ha, ha...too funny Denise!

David, correct me if I'm wrong...my eyes are not that good anymore.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Hey, Brad!
    I just watched Pet Sematary again the other night....classic book, classic movie!
    Mike and Brad, I'd say The Dark Tower is worth finishing - although I don't consider it King's masterpiece.
    All of the Western, six-shooter stuff has a great feel...and the wizard in black and the Crimson King comprise epic themes.

I'm reading one of King's latest novels, Under The Dome.

Josh

• dmichael619
    13 years ago

Denise and Pug, you're both right on the hoya. That is my (carnosa compacta)hindu rope and though it's the most common hoya you can have,it's my prize possession!!! Yes Pug this is the one that I won a ribbon for last fall.

As for the E.T. next to my left foot, that's a statue that i've had for well over 20 years now. It's a semi nude lady wrapped in a sheet with one hand holding the sheet behind and over her head and a flower in the right hand. The rust on it is iron build up from well water.

I've also got a statue of the Savannah girl from the movie "Midnight in the Garden Of Good and Evil"

• wrynsmom
    13 years ago

Ha HA! David, I had you pegged for a "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" kinda guy. Very cool! :)

Everyone have a WONDERFUL day!!!

Carolyn

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus