Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mayyan2

June Blooms - part 2

mayyan
10 years ago

I opened a new one because the first started to be long.

cagayanensis IML 1600:
{{gwi:959137}}

merrillii IML 0465:
{{gwi:959139}}

bordenii IML 0775:
{{gwi:959140}}

mindorensis yellow:
{{gwi:959141}}

mindorensis pink:
{{gwi:959142}}

mindorensis red:
{{gwi:959143}}

cardiophylla IML 1685:
{{gwi:959144}}

graveolens long leaf:
{{gwi:959145}}

sp. LP PUK (hope one of you can identify this one):
{{gwi:959146}}

the plant:
{{gwi:959147}}

Last but not least hummingbird nest on hoya australis. The nest:
{{gwi:959150}}

closeup on the mother:
{{gwi:959151}}

The babys:
{{gwi:959153}}

Comments (16)

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

Gorgeous blooms Mayyan!! I love the all white blooms... so rare to see blooms that pure looking...you have some beautiful blooms. I especially love the hummingbirds nest on your austrailis...that is so Cool! Thanks for the great photos!!

Oh, I forgot to comment on the one hoya you are asking about...it looks similar to my Hoya vanuatuensis?? Possibly it might be that...

This post was edited by puglvr1 on Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 16:44

• rennfl
    10 years ago

Quite lovely collection you have there.

Renee

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

• mayyan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks all for your kind words.

@puglvr1
    Your vanuatuensis is beautiful . I am not sure mine is also vanuatuensis. The flowers on my plant are very close to the stem and also the leaves shape looks a bit different. Thanks for trying.

• emt23
    10 years ago

So lovely, the iml 1600 is the best! I have heard mindorensis is sticky, is that true? I mean more than most hoyas! The nest is just so cute. ~ Mary

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Mayyan, thank you so much for starting a new thread and posting so many gorgeous photos! It was Hoya overload, for me. My eyes were boggled right out of my head. :P

I especially liked the mindorensis pictures. I have wanted to see this flower in person soooo badly since I started growing Hoyas, but your pictures are the next best thing. That yellow one is so delicate and hairy... it's crazy!

My lobbii (dark form) started opening right as I left town, but thankfully it was still in bloom when I got back (thanks for crossing your fingers for me, pug!) This one blooms for a looooong time! Also, the pictures make it look a lot lighter than it is. It's such a decadent gothy black raspberry shade. (This is the one I posted bud pictures of in the original June thread.)

Also my Hoya parasitica x pachyclada opened yesterday and wasn't it all set to have the best sap buffet in town!? :P

Btw, does anyone else hate the new Flickr setup, where you have to be looking at the individual photo in order to grab the share code? Thanks for forcing about a zillion extra clicks by the time I'm done, Flickr! -_-

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

Nice picture pepeuve...love the nectar dripping from the flower.

Wow...gorgeous pictures!! You're quite the pro with your camera GG...Thanks!

Hoya patella...

• rennfl
    10 years ago

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I can't get my one mindorensis to bloom, any tips?

And pug that patella is just simply lovely!

Renee

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

Thanks Renee!! Can't help with your Mindorensis (don't have that one)...good luck!!

• mayyan
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ rennfl

Thanks for the compliments. I got the mindorensis cuttings about 2 years ago and they all bloomed for the first time this June. I am not an experienced grower but if you want me to guess, I think a worm winter (about 18 degrees Celsius) and a lot of light did the trick.

• dmichael619
    10 years ago

Great pics everyone!!!! Mayyan I particularly like your cagayanensis. The foliage on this plant is awesome! Also how neat is it to have a hummingbird actually nest in one of your hoya plants!!!

GG, that lobbii photo is very cool as is the parasitica X pachyclada.

I have but a single flower photo to share with you all today and it's of my H. praetorii in the process of closing. I think this is a really neat photo!!

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

Oh Wow!! That is a really Cool picture, Very pretty David!!

• moonwolf_gw
    10 years ago

I can finally join in on the fun of sharing bloom pictures! Here is bella, blooming for the first time.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• avery09
    10 years ago

Hoyas are such a cool plant! Your plants are absolutely beautiful! The conservitorie I volunteered at had not that flowed like water from its pot. Absolutely massive! Soon I will have one of my own!

• teisa
    10 years ago

David, that is an Awesome picture! I love how it looks purple! Very pretty!

GG, the Lobbii blows me away! I can't even imagine it being darker in person!

Nancy, that H. patella is so pretty. It reminds me of a frilly quilted pillow!
    The leaves are gorgeous! I hope your trip is going well. Youll have to catch us up on where all you went:)
    Mayyan, I love all your photos. The Mindorensis Is especially exquisite! And I've never seen baby hummers! Thanks for posting!

Brad,congratulations!! Getting H.Belle Is A great accomplishment. It is a such beautiful, delicate hoya. One day I will try it.

This post was edited by teisa on Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 9:24

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

Hi people:

Photos taken right now
    each flower is of a different variety.

Regards.