Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Kelly--bicolor leaves

Posted by dmichael619 8a (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 14:37

Kelly ,

here are pics of the bicolored leaves as promised. I did not include any of the finlaysonii's that I grow as they are not as spectacular as these 3 are.

first is H. callistophylla IML 0554. Pretty but in my opinion the least interesting of the 3
Photobucket

H. sp. Borneo Ganung Gading. I like this one because if you grow it in very bright light the leaves will turn a nice red/purple color.As you can see I have obviously been growing mine in lower light.
Photobucket

H. sp. Kalimantan IML 1168. If I were forced to give up 2 of these 3 ,the first 2 would have to go!!!
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Kelly--bicolor leaves

I just love these kinds of leaves! If you ever feel the need to part with that Borneo Ganung Gading, you just give me a call and I'll be right over to get it! LOL!

Denise in Omaha

o

I like them all. This is going to sound odd, but I really like the way the callistophylla IML 0554 has imperfect markings, kind of like someone did a charcoal rubbing on a worn and uneven surface. It makes them wabi-sabi, you know?

How large are those sp. Kalimantan IML 1168 leaves?

o

I LOVE those leaves! Too pretty!

o

Denise,

i'll keep that in mind!!! I've heard that Ganung Gading was a slow grower but it seems to be just the opposite for me.

GG,

leaf size goes like this for the 3 hoyas listed above.

That largest callistophylla leaf is 9L x 3 1/2W. The average leaf size on the plant though is 7L x 2 1/2W

the sp. Borneo Ganung Gading leaves seem to be pretty consistent in size being 4L x 2W

the sp. Kalimantan leaves are also pretty consistent being 4 3/4L x 2W with the exception of that one fluke which is 61/2L x 2 1/4W

o

Oh my goodness!!! They are georgeous leaves. I don't think I would mind if they took forever to bloom. The leaves would
more than make up for it. David, I envy your collection. You have hoya that I've never seen before. Such great variety. Thanks for posting all those pictures.

o

David,
I'll have to take your word about which one is the best! They all look beautiful!

Thanks for posting!

Kelly

o

Wow...Gorgeous leaves on all of them!!

o

Oh wow! I thought the sp. Borneo Ganung Gading was the size of callistophylla. That's very cool that the latter two are in the medium category. I've never seen compact leaves of this type in person.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here