Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

New Plants And New Growth

moonwolf_gw
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

Well, no new plants yet but I was having trouble what to call this thread. Anyways, I'm still hunting hoyas for my wish list. I am determined to find a Royal Flush or Ruby Sue and a pubicalyx White Dragon for my collection. If I don't find one, Plan B is to decide on one from Joni. I see she has White Dragon and both lacunosas. Kerrii I'm still looking for too. Like I said before, so many hoyas, so little space!

I am seeing lots of new growth on almost all of my plants. The latest excitement being discovering peduncles on Nikki, my carnosa (see my other post). I've been ignoring them for the most part and have been focusing on the outdoor garden. My verticillata is not doing a darn thing! The cuttings are very woody and I got them in a trade last year. Black Dragon is really showing off with just sprays of lush green foilage. It's my favorite pubicalyx as of now!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (12)

• scsva
    12 years ago

I'm looking for those 2 lacunosas also here in Virginia-nothing to report yet!

Those publicalyx's sound amazing. Do you have pics of the one you do have?

Susan

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Susan,

Here's a picture I took yesterday of my Black Dragon. Not in bloom but a very nice plant! It starting growing like mad after I put it outside for the summer like my other hoyas.

I have to add that I will be getting some Royal Flush cuttings from a nice member on here! Now if I can just root them, all will be well!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Brad:

Your Black Dragon is looking great. Beast of luck rooting 'Royal Flush' and getting Nikki to bloom.

Susan:

What part of VA are you in? In the Stafford area they have 'Ruby Sue'.

-David

• scsva
    12 years ago

Close, it's Culpeper.

I was in Fredericksburg last weekend checking out the Lowe's and HD with no luck. Hmmm, Stafford is not too much farther. I have to restrain myself (yeah, right) because I have bought too many plants lately.

Thanks for the tip,
    Susan

• scsva
    12 years ago

oops, forgot my manners...

Brad, thanks for posting that picture. Love that plant, too. Very healthy!

In regard to lacunosas, I have the regular one and the splash. I must say that splash is overtaking the regular one by leaps and bounds and blooming like crazy on my front porch.

Susan

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You're welcome, Susan and David!

Susan, good luck finding a Ruby Sue! When you say speckled, do you mean you have the Snow Caps version?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• scsva
    12 years ago

Yes, that's probably the correct name of the one I have. It clearly out does the original lacunosa.

Susan

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

GG, that's great news! I hope your carnosa blooms for you too! I am very excited about my Royal Flush cuttings! Thanks for the cheer of support! Goooooooooooooooo slowpokes!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• laticauda
    8 years ago

Oh, I saw a post and thought GG came back :(

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Oh your Black Dragon looks great. I think I just murdered all my pubicalyx from over-potting them, oops. What kind of Kerrii are you looking for, moonwolf_gw? I have a very active regular old Kerrii

I could give you some cuttings of. I'd offer you some of my variegated but it keeps throwing deformed leaves and I can't figure out why.

P.S. I'm envious of all you folks that can find Hoyas in big box stores. I haven't seen a Hoya in Lowe's or a Home Depot where I live since 1902. ;)

P.P.S. There's a pretty big lacunosa on eBay right now, ends in 8 hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221898199430?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I have the plain kerrii in my collection that I got from Denise. I have one lone cutting in a pot, but it has put out some growth for me. I do love the leaves on it, though :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH