Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

Please Mr. Postman

greedygh0st
12 years ago

Well, the Liddle order is coming and the Epiphytica order is coming and I believe there are some Canadian orders in the works as well. Plus, it's high trade season.

So, I was wondering:

What is winging its way over to you that you are most excited about?

I know I can't possibly be the only person who likes to know what's on everyone else's order lists. It's always interesting to see what makes the cut for others since we can all sympathize with how difficult it is to narrow things down to something that will fit in your house and not break the bank (just crack it a little).

I'm also curious:

What did you want that you cannot seem to get your hands on at the moment?

Comments (23)

• eye_love_begonias
    12 years ago

What did you want that you cannot seem to get your hands on at the moment? you ask?

I probably won't rest until I get my mitts on Hoya sp. Gunung Gading.
    I dream that I find it in nurseries. No really, I dream about it. Sadly, it was the one hoya not available from my Epiphytica order.

and What is winging its way over to you that you are most excited about?

Well, pretty much all of them that I ordered.... do you want us to post a list?

• dmichael619
    12 years ago

GG,

I always wonder what others order as well. That way if I know what they have and I am looking for it in the future I know who to turn to!!! My Liddle list is way too long to post here,aside from that i'm not really even sure where my copy of it is!! I guess I should be trying to track that down at some point today!!!

My Epiphytica order goes something like this!!!

EPC 686--sp. GPS 7240
    EPC 699--UT-011
    EPC 700--UT-012 aff forbesii
    EPC 703--UT-030
    EPC 706--UT-038 Flores Island- been trying to get my hands on this one for a while
    EPC 707--UT-039 Flores Island-been after this one for a while also
    EPC 720--cv. Nelinae
    EPC 722--sp. Lata Iskandar clone B

One that I really wanted that I can't seem to get my greedy, grubby little hands on at the moment is H. spartioides. But that's probably a good thing anyway as i've already managed to kill it 4 times !!!!!

David

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    12 years ago

"...do you want us to post a list?"
    If you want. I'd be interested! :D

sp. Gunung Gading is a very beautiful plant for sure. I lucked out and had full availability from my list, which sure is a good thing since I'd totally forgotten that I might get denied.

I'm dying of curiosity to find out what the availability of my Liddle order was. The one on that list I most care about is sp. Estrella Waterfalls.

And what I'm most excited about is that I have 3, maybe 4 rigidas on their way. I can't wait to lay them all out in a lineup and compare. Actually that would be a pretty fun picture, with the ones I already have, too.

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm loving that EPC-699, David. And the EPC-707 is really gorgeous. Do you know what the story on cv. Nelinae is?

My lists go something like this:
    (If only you could see how I'm blushing! But you've got to give to receive!)

LIDDLE:
    0965 caudata - Sumatra
    1679 elliptica - Malaysia
    0511 erythrina - Kedah Peak
    1856 griffithii
    1101 hellwigiana - PNG
    1155 hypolasia - Madang PNG
    1046 lambii - Sabah
    1818 nervosa - Vietnam
    1083 patella - PNG
    1529 rigida - Thailand
    1256 sp. Estrella Falls - Philippines
    1391 sp. IPPS8898
    1420 sp. - Thailand
    1423 sp. aff. erythrostemma - Thailand

EPIPHYTICA:
    EPC 57----finlaysonii
    EPC 284--(northeast of thailand L) aff kunmink kina
    EPC 183--sp. (Vietnam)
    EPC 211-- sp. aff rigida PCBR-KYnp-MST
    EPC 603--sp. aff rigida
    EPC 605--sp. aff rigida
    EPC 662--sp. aff caudata
    EPC 692--sp. Queson
    EPC 229--sp. RCBR-SP-YKL) clone A
    EPC 123--aff micrantha (PCBR-KYnp_HSWwf)

• eye_love_begonias
    12 years ago

Really is a good question GreedyGhost, what excites each of us! I've had ants in my pants ever since the Liddle order was put together. Then when David mentioned the Epiphytica order I just about did a back-flip! I generally lurk here but read daily and glean as much info and photo eye-candy as I can take in. I'm a foliage junkie so just about everything I ordered was to satisfy my foliage lust. (if it's got variegation, spots/splotches and veining, sign me up!)

From Iris, I ordered;

H. acuta albomarginata IML 1625
    H. acuta var hendersonii IML 1462
    H. acuta variegata IML 1578
    H. callistophylla Borneo IML 1174
    H. citrina (Malaysia) IML 0734
    H. citrina (Sumatra) IML 1211
    H. aff clandestina IML 1590
    H. collina Biak IML 1187
    H. curtisii Thailand IML 1160
    H. erythrina Kedah Peak IML 0511
    H. erythrina Malaysia IML 0415
    H. kerrii variegated IML 1497
    H. latifolia IML 0088
    H. linearis IML 0139
    H. mindorensis Sabah IML 1776
    H. multiflora speckled leaf IML 0153
    H. rigida (red lf. Form) IML 1669
    H. sp DMC1622 âÂÂPhilippinesâ IML 0831
    H. sp IPPS7021 Sumatra IML 1198
    H. sp. Kalimantan IML 1168
    H. sp. Nong Nooch IML 1541
    H. sp. âÂÂSumatraâ IML 1012

And from Epiphytica I ordered;

EPC-624 acuta yellow variegated
    EPC-18 bella albomarginata
    EPC-311 elliptica (clone A)dark green leave with white veins
    EPC-67 globulosa
    EPC-274 javanica "Milky way"
    EPC-90 javanica variegata
    EPC-89 javanica
    EPC-94 kenejiana variegated (one of my big ticke items!)
    EPC-99 kerrii Variegata
    EPC-360 lambii (another mucho moolah baby!)
    EPC-622 macrophylla variegata reverse (the bank breaker!)
    EPC-475 sp. Gunung Gading (BOO HOOO, not available)
    EPC-498 sp. aff. Biakensis

So naturally I'm lusting for H. sp. Gunung Gading because it the ONE that I cannot have.

I think that's about 35 new to me hoyas to add to my 75. I suppose I'm just a little coo-coo for cocopuffs

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

Well I was in on the Canadian Liddle order and I ordered

macrophylla variegate (1622)
    blaschernaezii (1631)
    Royal Hawaiian purple (0056)
    pottsii (0489)
    Purpureo fusa

I REALLY wanted and Have been looking for Lacunosa snowcaps - but Iris did not carry this variety - So that was too bad.... anyways looking forward to my order arriving !!

• dmichael619
    12 years ago

GG,

I don't know what the story is on cv. Nelinae. I just thought the foliage was nice so I ordered it!!! I noticed that jack had some other cv. that I had never heard of also. I'm not sure,maybe they are things that were hybridized at his nursery. It'll be interesting to find out so maybe i'll ask jack and see what he has to say.

The only thing I never liked about ordering from the Liddle's was the fact that you never know what you'll be getting until you get it!!!

I found my list and here's what I ordered from Iris,many of which i'm sure will not be available.

0457-aff. samoensis
    1211-citrina
    1031-clemensiorum
    1864-clemensiorum
    1361-edenii
    1620-endauensis
    1681-flagellata
    1528-fusca
    1856-griffithii
    1331-helvola
    1847-kloppenburgii
    1727-marginata
    1595-nyhuusiae
    1451-obtusifolia
    0430-polystachya
    0500-pottsii
    0870-pottsii big tablenad
    0362-pottsii cape tribulation
    0658-pottsii cape weymouth
    0363-pottsii chester rv
    0795-pottsii claudie crossing qld
    0361-pottsii clohesy rv
    0548-pottsii daintree rv
    0796-pottsii garaway ck
    1827-pottsii kennedy gorge
    0525-pottsii pascoe rv
    0791-pottsii platypus ckbridge tinaroo falls
    0538-pottsii rooty ck
    0340-pottsii sp hx59
    0023-pottsii tinroo dam
    0640-pottsii tully falls qld
    0215-pottsii windsor tab
    1157-pulchella
    1686-siamica
    1011-soloniflora
    1084-soloniflora
    1085-soloniflora
    1029-sp. ad 19 kappit borneo
    1646-sp. bintulu borneo
    1871-sp. Philippines ekw97-002
    1487-sp. (siamica)
    1899-sp.VL9
    1747-telesmoides
    1632-tomataensis
    1731-trigonolobus
    1024-waymaniae

I hope they all show up but if they don't that's okay too!!! I ordered BIG this time around as I sort of knew this may be our last time .

David

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

I will NOT be posting my Liddle order for fear of jinxing myself. There is something I really really want from that order but I don't want to get my hopes up until I am holding it in my hands, getting ready to pot it up! Although I will admit to kentiana since I already said I was getting that in another post. (Still intrigued to see how it will differ from wayetti.) However, I will post my Epiphytica order because I know I'm getting it! I only ended up with two, because the others were not available:

EPC 482 sp (PNG SV-420)
    EPC 198--sp. (CM-DT) sp.1

I am interested to see how these look. Particularly EPC 198. Hey GG, I was thinking of getting EPC 605! Tell me what you think of it. The flowers looked amazing. I was trying to get this: EPC 318--sp. (PTBR-PNYwf) aff. finlaysonii because the leaves looked unreal. Alas, it is not available. I also really want odetteae someday. I think I'm going to have to get it from Ted Green, as I have no idea who else has it.

Can I just say, holy moly, David! You'll have to keep us posted as to what actually made it to you.

• dmichael619
    12 years ago

quinn,

would you believe that there's 2 other people on this Liddle order who actually have lists longer than mine!!!

I don't actually hope to get all 3 of the soloniflora clones,I just thought if I listed all 3 that maybe i'd get lucky and at least 1 would be available as i've tried before to get this one and it never came through for me!! As for the rest of my list,I hope every one of them shows up!!! Especially the pottsii's!!!

GG,I won't mention an IML number or anything but I have a clone of H.pottsii (you know the one)(yeah the one with the supposed blue/green flowers)that after 8+ years of no flowers,FINALLY has some well developed buds on it. I certainly hope that by talking about it that I haven't jinxed it and the buds fall off!!

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    12 years ago

/Begonia

I see you went for a whole cluster of javanicas. That's very cool. You're going to have a whole windowful of them! I only narrowly eliminated multiflora from my list, because for some reason I am just obsessed with being able to see several of the members of the multiflora complex side by side. Which is definitely something you are going to be able to do now, so I'm jealous.

Too funny the way we all have our big ticket items that we splurge on. Mine was the EPC 229.

/Golden

So the snowcaps is hard to get ahold of in Canada? That's really too bad. To be honest, I really wanted to add your angustifolia to my order, but I didn't have enough time. boo!

/David

Fantastic list! I am hoping she does send you EVERY pottsii! That would be sooooooo awesome!!! Two siamicas, too. That's way cool.

And no, I cannot believe there are two people who outdid you. All I can say is that the three of you are going to be laughing all the way to the post office, with this being the last Liddle haul. I knew that would probably be the case, but I reigned myself in anyway, and now I'm definitely kicking myself.

/Quinn

I didn't have 605 on my original list, because I already had two rigidas marked and I prefer orange and green to pink, but then as I was narrowing it down, I just told myself: What are you thinking? Of course you need the rigida with the crazy calyx. And that was that.

I have to agree about EPC-318. Finlaysoniis are so very cool, all of them. I had a rocky start with my first one, but now that it's starting to take off every time I look at it it's such a joy. The thing about Hoyas with these stiff patterned leaves is they really put out such a variety of shapes and sizes so there's an incredible payoff for growing them.

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Here is my Liddle order list. Quite small compared to some that I am seeing. Heck I could of just gave my $$$ to some of you for some cuttings. It looks like some may need some after paying for their lists.

1556 caudata
    0329 cinnamomifolia
    0415 erythrina
    0444 fungii
    0904 heuschkeliana
    1270 imperialis
    0187 incrassata
    1046 lambii
    1622 aff. macrophylla
    0768 mindorensis ssp superba
    1777 mindorensis
    0234 obscura
    1669 rigida

I already failed once with a healthy rigida. Lets see if the 2nd time is any better. I am pretty much looking forward to receiving all of these cuttings and did not consider them being out of stock :(

I'll be interested in seeing which of these cuttings that I can bring to bloom first. I will love to see if I actually picked out any that have leaves colored something other than solid green(ie caudata).

-David

PS - Can plants be shipped from the US to Canada? 'Snowcaps' is pretty easy to find here.

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

I have not ordered from anywhere but I am getting some Royal Flush cuttings (along with some others) from a very nice member here. Happy day for me since I lost my poor plain lacunosa last fall to the evil mealybugs. How I miss that fragrance!

What do I want that I cannot get at the moment? Pubicalyx White Dragon of course! This is my only hoya that I'm frantically searching for. Of course space is an issue as always. Black Dragon is doing very nicely for me and I would love to get it's twin. Don't have any of these? Get one! I insist!

May everyone's cuttings arrive happily and healthy! David (peanut), you're going to love fungii! It's a wonderful hoya even without blooms! Just feel the leaves! Fuzzy as a bunny lol. Mine's on a growing fit just like the rest of my plants!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

GG... All varieties of hoyas are hard to get ahold of in Canada - lol... I think the ONLY variety that I actually found at a nursery here was carnosa...All my hoya cuttings that I have I got from either the Liddles or Paul Shirley... Oh and I did have one really nice member send me Mathilde and a couple of other nice cuttings.... I bought a few ACTUAL PLANTS from Pike Lake greenhouse which was REALLY nice to get PLANTS.

David (Peanut) you can not ship plants from the U.S. to Canada - unfortunately...

Anyways looking forward to getting my cuttings and getting them all set up in my little aquarium - its always fun to start cuttings and watch them grow into beautiful plants!!
    Some of you have quite the LISTS! Good luck with all your Cuttings!

• patrick51
    12 years ago

I have orders coming from Epiphytica and Iris Liddle...surprisingly, both orders are similar...guess I really wanted those ones that are (hopefully) coming from both people...but, if Iris can't fill all of my requests, I hope she fills at least the ones that I ordered only from her...but, then again, some of them I've already purchased elsewhere...not knowing what I'd receive. Seeing everyones lists makes me wish I could order a few more!!

Iris Liddle order:
    1856 Griffithii
    0415 Erythrina
    0561 Ischnopus (I've received two since I placed the order)
    1168 Sp. Kalimantan (I've received one since placing the order)
    1632 Tomataensis
    1747 Telosmoides
    0492 Glabra
    1256 sp. Estrella Waterfall
    1282 pubifera IML 1301
    1618 Flagellata
    1605 Palawanica
    1176 Rumphii
    Two of them I ordered two of each.

Epiphytica:
    428 Aff. vitellina (with the all-yellow blooms
    487 sp. 981013 Padan Beach
    731 Tomataensis GPS 8870
    746 Tomataensis...a different clone
    701 Alagensis
    628 Burmanica
    618 aff. acuta (pure white blooms)
    401 Dennisii 'Gold Ridge'
    311 Elliptica clone A
    322 Elliptica clone C
    524 Flagellata
    439 Manipurensis
    685 Iml 1256 Estrella Waterfall

Like David, I was wrongfully denied a H. spartiodes!! LOL
    David: is the polystachya you ordered different than the one we already have? Wishing everyone great plants/cuttings! Fondly, Patrick

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Everyone has ordered awesome hoya. I hope you all get what you ordered. I drool when I see your lists. I wish my $$ was unlimited, but I'm on a fixed income and hoya orders are out of question for me. If anyone wants to send me cuttings, I'll send you the postage. That's about all I can do to get new cuttings now. I'm looking forward to pictures of these hoya. Some are new to me.

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

I only ordered from Epiphytica, and my order list is sooo small compared to everyone else's :( I have a tight budget as an at-home mom with 4 kids, but I guess it's a good trade off. lol

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Good Luck to everyone that ordered!! I will be looking forward to everyone's pictures and enjoying them through all your excitement and thrills. You guys sure have a GREAT selection coming. Hope both your orders arrive in very healthy condition when you get them...and Please share some photos for us.

I'm very excited for all of you!

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi,

When this order is coming? I'm going to US and I'd like to join the group (if possible)..... Is it possible???? LOL!

I also remember to read somewhere that I can order in US without a import license, but I don't remember were I read it and how many cuts I can order.... I think it was a dmichael619 comment. Does anyone knows? Thanks so much.
    Mitzi

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Mitzi:

This order was placed a few months ago. Plants can be shipped to the US from most countries without a permit.

-David

• lapcheung9x3
    12 years ago

Hello, May i have the Iris Liddle's catalog please? Or where can i download? Thanks a lot :)

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

David,

Thank you for the information. I knew that the possibility to join the group was zero!

Mitzi

• peanut01
    12 years ago

I am so excited to get off work today and see if there are any surprises at my door. I need to make a stop on lunch break today to pick up some potting supplies... I think I may be running low. For any smaller cuttings I receive I may try the Forsythe pot kids and cats described in the recent post. We'll have to see who is the first to post pics.

-David

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

WOW, the plants are already on its way????

What a great expectation, I wish I could join the group but I'll be here just waiting the pictures.... and be delighted with all of you.

Please take pictures.....

Mitzi