Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hoyas

Posted by kathi_mdgd 9 S.Ca (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 16:09

Here are my Hoyas,i only have 2 of them.Yhe flowers look the same,but the leaves are different.

photo DSCF0896.jpg

photo DSCF0897.jpg

hoya photo DSCF0894.jpg

hoyas photo DSCF0868.jpg

photo DSCF0895.jpg

This is the best year for my Hoyas in awhile.
Kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hoyas

Those are very pretty! I especially how you have it growing up the wall. Aren't all Hoya blooms just gorgeous? Simple but elegant.

o

Wow Kathy, really nice. That last shot is amazing w/ so many blooms, so gracefully draped, so beautiful.

o

@kathi_mdgd

Fantástico !!!! Congratulations.

o

They're beautiful Kathi...I love the way you are growing them :o)
Thanks for the great pictures!

o

Wow beautiful hoyas! Is that true christmas cactus i spy in the first picture! What color does it bloom? Grantgarden2

o

Wow beautiful hoyas! Is that true christmas cactus i spy in the first picture! What color does it bloom? Grantgarden2

o

Good eye Grantgarden2...it sure looks like the True Christmas Cactus to me as well :o)

o

Very nice indeed. Congratulations.

o

I believe it is a xmas cactus,it gets red flowers,lives outside year round here.I also have others here and there in different colors.You guys have good eyes,i had to go back to look and see what you were talking about.

That rack the Hoyas are growing on is one of those wire shelves from a closet,i just put the lip of it on the wall,i also have other pieces of it on my other fence on the othe side of the house.

They make great places for plants.You know the saying "waste not,want not".

Kathi

o

I believe it is a xmas cactus,it gets red flowers,lives outside year round here.I also have others here and there in different colors.You guys have good eyes,i had to go back to look and see what you were talking about.

That rack the Hoyas are growing on is one of those wire shelves from a closet,i just put the lip of it on the wall,i also have other pieces of it on my other fence on the othe side of the house.

They make great places for plants.You know the saying "waste not,want not".

Kathi

o

Lovely Hoyas, Kathi! You can really tell from their leaves (and blooms) that they're getting awesome light where you have them!

The first one looks like Hoya carnosa and the second one is obovata, if I'm not mistaken. Their flowers are similar, but also brilliantly different. (Funny how the more time you spend looking at something the more obvious its subtle characteristics are.)

Here's a really super nice photo taken of the two flowers right next to each other:

Image Source: hydrosuccess Flickr

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here