Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

hoyas

kathi_mdgd
10 years ago

Here are my Hoyas,i only have 2 of them.Yhe flowers look the same,but the leaves are different.

This is the best year for my Hoyas in awhile.
Kathi

Comments (11)

• teisa
    10 years ago

Those are very pretty! I especially how you have it growing up the wall. Aren't all Hoya blooms just gorgeous? Simple but elegant.

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

Wow Kathy, really nice. That last shot is amazing w/ so many blooms, so gracefully draped, so beautiful.

• pepeuve
    10 years ago

@kathi_mdgd

Fantástico !!!! Congratulations.

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

They're beautiful Kathi...I love the way you are growing them :o)
    Thanks for the great pictures!

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    10 years ago

Wow beautiful hoyas! Is that true christmas cactus i spy in the first picture! What color does it bloom? Grantgarden2

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    10 years ago

Wow beautiful hoyas! Is that true christmas cactus i spy in the first picture! What color does it bloom? Grantgarden2

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

Good eye Grantgarden2...it sure looks like the True Christmas Cactus to me as well :o)

• cpawl
    10 years ago

Very nice indeed. Congratulations.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I believe it is a xmas cactus,it gets red flowers,lives outside year round here.I also have others here and there in different colors.You guys have good eyes,i had to go back to look and see what you were talking about.

That rack the Hoyas are growing on is one of those wire shelves from a closet,i just put the lip of it on the wall,i also have other pieces of it on my other fence on the othe side of the house.

They make great places for plants.You know the saying "waste not,want not".

Kathi

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I believe it is a xmas cactus,it gets red flowers,lives outside year round here.I also have others here and there in different colors.You guys have good eyes,i had to go back to look and see what you were talking about.

That rack the Hoyas are growing on is one of those wire shelves from a closet,i just put the lip of it on the wall,i also have other pieces of it on my other fence on the othe side of the house.

They make great places for plants.You know the saying "waste not,want not".

Kathi

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

Lovely Hoyas, Kathi! You can really tell from their leaves (and blooms) that they're getting awesome light where you have them!

The first one looks like Hoya carnosa and the second one is obovata, if I'm not mistaken. Their flowers are similar, but also brilliantly different. (Funny how the more time you spend looking at something the more obvious its subtle characteristics are.)

Here's a really super nice photo taken of the two flowers right next to each other:

Image Source: hydrosuccess Flickr

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions