Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmichael619

Epiphytica update

dmichael619
12 years ago

I heard from Jack today. he sent me copies of everyone's invoice to verify that they are indeed accurate so he ships everything that we ordered. This order will most likely leave Thailand sometime next week.

There is one group participant that I can't seem to get in touch with. I've emailed her numerous times with no response. I hope nothing is wrong,why she's not responding but does anyone know Anne (banannas)

Anne if you're out there I really need to hear from you

David

Comments (22)

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Great! I'm soooo excited! I hope everything goes smoothly so we can do this again someday. ^_^

No idea about Anne, but it's true she's been quiet on the forum, too.

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Yay! You have no idea how excited I am!

I hope Anne is ok! She's been on pretty regularly, and then nothing. :/

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I certainly hope nothing is wrong with her or her family. Her order has not been paid for yet and Jack is shipping next week. Jack won't be left with any other option but to cancel her order if we don't get in touch with her A.S.A.P. I really don't want that to happen. If anyone on the forum corresponds with Anne please let her know that we need her to let us know what to do.

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Did you ever speak with Anne? What did she order? If she is mia then someone(maybe me) could take care of the cost so the order can get out. I missed out on this order and wouldn't mind getting in on it through the back door. I'm here to help. Let me know if I can.

-David

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Peanut,

As a matter of fact I had an email from her this morning and she is back in the game. At this point i'm afraid it's too late to take on any newcomers as Jack is supposed to ship this coming week so i'm sure inspection and phyto have already been taken care of. Once that's done it's sort of a wrap for the shipment.

If this order goes well,this may very well be something we do again. My understanding is that we won't be able to order from the Liddle's anymore after this shipment so maybe group orders to Thailand will be the new thing for us!!!

• wrynsmom
    12 years ago

Woohoo! I gotta get in on the next one, too. ;)

Carolyn

• peanut01
    12 years ago

I was willing to stand in if needed ;) I am glad Anne is back in the mix. I'll be sure to get in on the next Thai order.

-David

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I emailed Jack yesterday to see about getting a new update on the progress of our group order and a possible time frame for shipping. I had a response this morning and as it turns out he has not yet received the letter containing the copy of my import permit and the green/yellow U.S.D.A. shipping labels required for him to ship this order out to me. I mailed the envelope on June 17th so apparently it's lost or just sitting somewhere waiting for someone to move it on along to it's final destination!! I asked Jack to please let me know if he has not gotten it by this coming Friday and I will send out new copies to him via registered mail.

David

• theplanthoarder
    12 years ago

That sucks. I wonder what happened to it. :(

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It was just mailed as an airmail envelope and is most likely just sitting someplace. This is not the first time i've sent documents like this to Thailand and mailed them via airmail and it never took this long to get there before. Hopefully the letter will reach Jack by the weekend but if not like I said earlier i'll send it again as registered mail.

• cpawl
    12 years ago

Hi I have a feeling something is up with jack getting his mail.I also sent my permit to him around the end of may and jack did not receive my permit.I wounder if some how some one else is taking his mail? I think sending it by registered mail.

Cindy

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay so it's not just me then. I guess I will go ahead and send a new set of papers before Friday then and request that it have a signature for delivery that way I know it will go to his hands. I hope no one is bothering his mail it happens around here all the time that's why anytime I have a shipment of hoyas due to arrive I ask for the sender to please notify me so I can keep an eye open for them.

• debbie_ny
    12 years ago

Hi all! Just checking in on the status! Hope everyone is staying cool if you are like me and trapped in triple digit weather here in the northeast!

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Check the link below ^_^

Here is a link that might be useful: Time to blow off steam: epiphytica update

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I just got in from work and decided to check the status of my import permit and shipping labels to Jack. FINALLY,the Thai post website has it in their system and it is out for delivery!!! With any luck we shouldn't have to wait very much longer for this shipment!!!!

david

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Yay!

• gennykins
    12 years ago

Thanks for the update!

• banannas
    12 years ago

Hey David,

What an ordeal!!! Sounds like things are moving in the right direction now.

In your previous experience what is your guess for when the order will get in to you?

I am traveling a lot this summer presenting my research, my family from Denmark is visting and I have a few out of town commitments.

I am just trying to see if I need to make special arrangements with you as to when to send them to me or have someone here on this end to pick-up my mail and get them in pots. I will be leaving for the next three weeks starting on August 3 through the 19th.

I honestly thought that they would have been here by now before all this traveling kicked in or I wouldn't have participated, which again I realize the timing is totally out of your hands.

Thanks for arranging all this and keeping us in the loop!

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Anne,

Like yourself I thought and had REALLY hoped that this order would ahve been shipped and here by now. Had it not been for the postal incident where the first set of documents got lost somewhere between point A & point B there's a good chance that the shipment may have gotten here already. BUT!!! I have to take at least partial responsibility for the hold up as well because almost a full month went by before I thought to mail Jack the second set of required paper wrok for him to be able to ship to us. I also found out just within the past few days that Jack was visiting Bangkok. I'm not sure how far that is from where he actually lives but I do know from past experiences with him that Bangkok is where he has to go to get the phyto for shipment.

Tha being said,, I have an update for everyone. This morning I had an email from Jack letting me know that thet hoyas are being shipped `tomorrow. Thailand is about 11 hours ahead of us so i'm not sure if when he said tomorrow he meant today (the 28th for us) or tomorrow the 29th!!!

Anne i'm sorry but I can't imagine that they will get here,clear customs,make it to me and then me get them shipped back out before you leave to go out of town. If you can make other arangements for someone to accept them and pot them up for you that would be great. Otherwise I can hold them and pot them up until you retunr home,just let me know.

I am sending this update from a work computer that I am not even upposed to be on (before anyone else gets in ) so when I get in from work this afternoon I will send everyone a private email on how,and where to send me the $$$ to cover the postal cost from me to you.

David

• eye_love_begonias
    12 years ago

Thanks David for the update! Getting really excited for these new kids to arrive!!!

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Yay! So excited! I can't wait to see the ones I ordered!

• theplanthoarder
    12 years ago

Awesome! I can't wait. :)

Michelle

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio