Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Fungii In New Pot

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I planted my fungii cutting (no new growth since I got it) into a new pot to see if it kicks in. I'm getting more cuttings of this one, so it won't be lonely for too much longer.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (6)

• Denise
    13 years ago

Brad,

Once fungii gets going, it'll be all over the place. It's one of my favorites for the way it grows. I have it on a shelf in my GH and it has vines going every which way. I have to "reroute" the vines to keep it from growing into the shelves next to it (which keeps me from being able to move shelves and clean...) And it's a good bloomer. It's worth waiting for it to get established. The shelf it's on gets east sun in the morning, and I savor the way the leaves look with the sun shining through them...

Denise in Omaha

• Denise
    13 years ago

Brad - thought I'd follow up with a photo that I took earlier this spring of fungii with the morning sun shining through the leaves...

(I knew I had a photo somewhere!) It takes my breath away!

Denise in Omaha

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow Denise! I do like that picture! I saw in an older post that one of the flower clusters you got on fungii had close to 70 buds! I see a peduncle in the upper right part of the picture.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• Denise
    13 years ago

Yes, and it's been blooming hither-and-dither since early spring. You can't beat fungii for gorgeous leaves AND a faithful bloomer!

Denise in Omaha

• kellyknits
    13 years ago

Congrats, Brad!
    Totally agree with Denise! Mine isn't nearly as big as hers although it has several vines which are several feet long with multiple peduncles! It really is a faithful bloomer!

Kelly

• patrick51
    13 years ago

Denise and Kelly, that's great to hear....my H. fungii is ENORMOUS and has finally produced a tiny peduncle....I would just love to have it finally bloom! If this plant gets any larger I have no idea what to do with it, though it is one of my favorites....blooms would certainly increase it's favor with me! Fondly, Patrick

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions