Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya serpens

Posted by puglvr1 9b central FL (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 17:23

I've been growing and sometimes (killing) H. serpens for about 4 years now...I must say this hoya has been one of the most challenging hoya I've grown. Living in hot and humid FL hasn't made it any easier for me since most everything I've read about serpens is it prefers to grow in cooler climates, but I'm pretty stubborn so I did not give up that easily,lol...I love a challenge.

Although I'm much warmer than Renee in North Fl...I've seen her grow and bloom this hoya very successfully...thanks for inspiring me Renee!!

So finally after 4 years...it has rewarded my stubbornness and persistence...

My very first buds...Yay!! I'm super excited about this one. Thanks for letting me share it with you guys :o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya serpens

Congrats! We will see if mine continue to do well without the cool winters down in SW Fl, I hope so, cause this is really one of my favorites.

It's lovely!

Renee

o

Thanks Renee!! My other set opened this morning :o)

o

Wow Nancy! Ive not seen blooms on Serpens much and I just love that. They look so "hairy". Thanks for sharing with us

o

Thanks Teisa!! I was happy to share. Its definitely one of my favorite blooms :o)

o

WOW that's Beautiful,i've never seen that one.TFS
Kathi

o

Hi Nancy:

In Spanish:

Te felicito por mostrar siempre tan bellas flores y bonitos ejemplares.

Best Regards.

o

Thanks Kathi and Pepeuve...appreciate it.

o

i love how fuzzy those blooms are! so cute!!! its on my wish list now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here