Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hoya nummularioides

Posted by wrynsmom 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 10 at 17:45

You'll all be soooooooooooo proud of me! Lowe's had a Hoya nummularioides (EA) and I DIDN'T buy it!!!! I'm breaking the cycle of my addiction! hahahaa
Carolyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hoya nummularioides

Good girl, Carolyn! I haven't found a Hoya I don't already have at any of the box stores for probably more than a year. I've never seen numm around here, and I would have trouble passing that one up since I seem unable to grow one from cuttings.

Denise in Omaha

o

Don't say that, Denise! Now, I'm tempted to go get it!!!

Carolyn

o

My Gosh Denise,

For me Numm. grows well & readily for me albeit a bit slowly. I've got a very small one in mix & another very small one in hydro (if the camera weren't in the shop I'd show some pix).

Meanwhile, I've got a small bit left of the Tsangii/DS-70 from you. It sits & does nothing but have thick leaves now, I can't seem to cajole it into growth.

Interesting how it happens to some of us w/ different Hoyas.

o

Nummeroides gave me problems when starting it from cuttings too, until I went hydro with it. I had roots in about a week after starting them in the hydro/clone machine. I will have a small pot ready to go next week if anyone would like to offer a trade for it.

Regina

o

My plant is starting to grow again but for it's age it is TINY. I think the longest vines are only about 7"-8" and my plant is three or four years old if I remember correctly.

Carolyn I think you should go get that plant. LOL ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Your going to have nightmares about it if you don't. LOL :)

Mike

o

You guys are all soooooooooo evil . . . especially you, Mike! I went back this morning and bought it . . . :P

Carolyn

o

Good decision, Carolyn! It's a lovely, compact hoya and when it blooms you'll smell it as soon as you walk in the house!

Kelly

o

My cutting is growing, but very slowly. Glad to hear it's not just me. I didn't have trouble rooting it, but it was in my terrarium and I kept it moist pretty much all the time, with 80% humidity. It was a two leaf cutting. Now it's got four. I guess at this rate it won't be blooming anytime soon.

Good find, Carolyn! You seem to find some nice ones in person. I've never managed to buy one in person.

o

I agree that the selection of Hoyas you seem to find in person is impressive. You will have lots of big beautiful plants in no time although they may cause you to run out of growing space sooner. I don't even think I could find a place to hand an 8" basket around here.

Mike

o

It's crazy! Last year, there was NOTHING! And I do mean NOTHING available around here . . . and this year, the lowes in the area seem to be getting more hoya in their mix each order! Maybe it's because I keep BUYING the hoya! hahaha

We'll see!

Carolyn

o

Uh oh Carolyn, the last time you mentioned getting a hoya from Lowe's, I went there and they had the same one here that you got (lucanosa 'Royal Flush') so I'm thinkin if I go to our Lowes they might have numm and guess what. . . I'll be the proud owner of one too. . .

I got a very small one from Gardino's last year but it lost almost all of it's leaves in the first week and never did recover. . . so I'm thinkin if I get a bigger plant. . . hmmmmmmmm.

Good find girl. . .
maid~

o

And, today . . . I went to two other lowe's and found MANY dischidia, two more nummulariodes (and bought one of them - so I have an extra . . . hint, hint), lacunosa "snow caps," linearis, compacta, KP, KQ, "Chelsea" Awesome selection, today.

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here