Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

2 New Hoyas, .Did I Buy A Dud, or A Stud?

aveo5
12 years ago

Hi. I just won on EBay, a 'starter plant' of a hoya called. "H. Archboldia Var. Archboldiana". I saw its bloom that is a huge cup, a light pink with deeper red/pink veining on the bloom.

It is young, but if I have as much luck as I have with my other monster 'Hoya Macillvrayii', (I know I spelled it wrong,sorry). Then i should have little time to wait to see if it blooms true. But,is this one a 'stud or a dud' in the fellow hoya growers opinions?

The other one I am MIGHT buy, is going back to the 'Pubicalyx' variates..., the easy and fast growing ones, this one is called 'Hoya P.Gray Lady'...it is a nice looking small plant,and has some silver streaks on the leaves, that I can see, but there is no description of the bloom, I have sent a message to the seller to ask IF they know what the bloom looks like. MY question is, should I try to buy it? Is it worth it? Or am I buying another 'Pink Splash',or 'Silver Splash', you know what I mean. One I basically already have, but someone just stuck this name 'Gray Lady' on it to sell it.

Or is it a hybrid that someone has seen and is worth buying? It is cheap right now, but what is it worth paying to get? I paid A LOT for the other Hoya, but it has the HUGE flowers on it, and I know they cost a lot,and are worth it when they bloom. But this one is totally unknown to me, so I figured I would ask, before I bid high and go broke on a 'common' hoya. Anyone have some input about either?

Comments (4)

Sponsored