Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What hoya is this?

Posted by susancarol 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 18:53

Hope the picture posts, my first time posting pics. It's a light green, waxy leaf with veins.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What hoya is this?

Here is the bloom.

o

Another try.

o

Wish you could get a clearer pic of the flowers. They look like buds - not open yet, right? The leaves have me intrigued. How big are they? They look small and make me think initially a clone of lacunosa, but the buds don't look right...

Denise in Omaha

o

Not a small leaf, just average. I believe it came from Carol originally but she needs a better pic also. I have partially wrong description, not a waxy leaf, just thick.

It's a survivor, still looking well after a winter of abuse. I took some cuttings to propagate.

o

Possibly pallida??
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Denise in Omaha

o

Hoya bella? Just a guess.

o

It definitely looks like it could be H. acuta too, but we really need better pictures.

o

Acuta is looking more like it but the growth pattern is different. I will post a picture of the whole plant soon.

o
RE: What hoya is this? .1

Another picture.

o

It definitely looks like it could be pallida or acuta. A cursory search tells me that Hoya taxonomy is confusing and there's been debate as to whether or not pallida and acuta are synonyms.

o

I'm almost sure it came from Hawaii and it is one tough hoya surviving my abuse all winter.

o

Yeah, I love acuta. There are some really beautiful collections of it out there. I like IML 0079. And I'm also partial to EPC-759, which is an aff. acuta.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here